Thread: Cannot turn on Windows Firewall Error code 0x6D9

Cannot turn on Windows Firewall Error code 0x6D9

I have the Windows 7 64 bit edition here and I have seen that I simply cannot have the things to work in the proper manner here. When I was running Windows XP I was not having any issue there; but when I try to go with Windows 7 I have seen this issue with me here. I have seen that I cannot simply turn on Windows firewall here. I have seen that I get a error code 0x6D9. I have been on the Internet to see if there can be anything that can help me in turning ON the Firewall here.

Re: Cannot turn on Windows Firewall Error code 0x6D9

I tried to have a good look at the scenario of yours and in reality it seems to me that the issue is because of the 64 bit version of Windows 7 here. Well if this is really the case then let me tell you that it will be great if you can just have all the drivers installed again here. I am of the opinion that you might be getting the issue there and it will be great if you can make this on a quick note there. In addition to that it will be great if you can see for the Security settings on the Firewall.

Well looking at the case of yours I do not think that there is anything that can help you with the drivers. It seems to me that it will be simply great if you can look for the Firewall setting there and see if you can lower the level of the security to some extent so that you can have an access to it and then will be able to Turn On the Firewall after that here. Please try all the steps there and let me know about the same soon.

If you want to ask for my opinion then let me tell you that I have the solution that will solve the issue of yours with just one click here. You will be just required to click on this FIX IT link and wait for the issue to be rectified here. Just after clicking on this you will be required to download this and install it here. Well it has been observed that this can solve the problems related to the Windows Firewall service. Try this and let me know about the result.

Well it is really better if you can go with the FIX IT option but in addition to that if you want to make the amendments by yourself so that you will not be required to wait for the online help. Enter in the Registry Editor; once you are there you will be required to search for the KEY that requires the permission. After you successfully locate the key then you will be required to right click on this and then click on Permissions. Click on OK after that and then let me see if this happens successfully.

See for the two services there: Base Filtering Engine (BFE) and Windows Firewall Authorization Driver (MPSDRV). Actually the scene is that Windows Firewall depends on these two services and if that is really the thing then let me tell you that Windows Firewall Service should run. Open the Command Prompt and then type the following commands there: netsh advfirewall reset, net start mpsdrv, net start bfe, net start mpssvc, egsvr32 firewallapi.dll. After that reboot the system.