Thread: Printer showing offline on Windows 7 network after initially working

Printer showing offline on Windows 7 network after initially working

I have a computer with Epson printer connect straight through USB. Print driver installed properly. Works excellent. Windows 7 Ultimate no security except windows firewall and Microsoft security basics. Laptop linked wirelessly to computer, on similar network, folder and media sharing all functioning excellent. Laptop functioning Windows 7 Ultimate, similar security as computer. While I put in a network printer it discovers printer on computer and properly installs driver and so on. Printer emerges in devices and will print the initial couple of times. On the other hand, by the next day the network printer shows up as offline in the print spooler on the laptop. Documents just stack up. The computer does not go to sleep and is left on all of the time apart from the monitor that is switched off. Printer efforts excellent on computer, certainly with documents wedged on the laptop I can still print straight from the computer, even this does not show the printer as online on the laptop. Have checked that the printer spooler on laptop is running and put to regular. Anyone any guesses as to what to attempt?

Re: Printer showing offline on Windows 7 network after initially working

Situate the IP address of the printer to a static address as confirmed previous in thread. If you put in the printer once more by browsing the network, the Standard TCP/IP port will just work on condition that the printer keeps the similar IP. If the print tool supports DNS or WNS name registration you can put in a Standard TCP/IP Port utilizing the hostname quite than a passing IP address for DHCP enabled print devices.

I had a same trouble and for me the trouble is with the EPSON driver. My printer was joined wirelessly to my network, I had IP address and could ping it but Windows 7 exhibited it as offline. I after that went and had seem at the printer driver, and observed that for Standard TCP/IP Port it was tipping to a dissimilar IP than that what my printer presently had. I shortened it to match what the printer was and it came online. While you turn your printer off, its IP address goes back in your routers pool to be reallocated. The Epson windows driver at rest has the old IP. You twist your printer ON and your router occurs to provide it a dissimilar IP from previous time. It now does not match with what the Epson driver amassed earlier and tells you it is offline. For me, somewhat than altering the IP in the driver every time this occurred. I allocated a static IP address in my router to equivalent my printers MAC address. This manner it all the time provides my printer the similar address each time and no extra fake offline messages emerge in Windows. This is an Epson driver trouble, not a windows trouble. So just try this, this will surely help you.

If you are utilizing a PC connected to a workgroup, click the arrow key next to Password protected sharing to enlarge this part. Check to observe if password protected sharing is twisted ON or OFF. If password protected sharing is twisted ON, just people with a user account and password for this PC will be able to utilize your printer. Twist this OFF if you wish anybody on the network to be able to access the printer you are sharing except you provide after that a user account and password. Put your printer as the default printer and observe if it rearrange it to online status.

This is a trouble I have also. Obviously, I have attempted all the common things that is re-installing printers, assembly them default or not, but I comprise two networked printers. Since stirring to Windows 7 ultimate at huge additional expense, I discover that each time I wish to print; it shows the printer as offline, in spite of of whether it is ON or OFF. Even starting again the printer crafts no dissimilarity. The just way to pact with it is to take away the printer and re-install it. Very boring, and not previously a trouble with either windows XP or Windows 2000. I have most recent drivers for both printers, though obviously, OK I have not restructured theirs for few years. On the other hand, the HP is just a few of weeks old and the most recent drivers were downloaded from their site.

Try this.

1. Go into "Devices and Printers".

2. Select the printer causing the problem, right click on it and choose "Printer Properties".

3. Select the "Ports" tab and highlight the problem printer.

4. Click on the "Configure Port" button.

5. Uncheck the "SNMP Status Enabled" box and then "OK".

Now the printer should work fine.

If after this it does not print the full document do this:

1. Do steps 1 thru 3 listed above

2. Uncheck "Enable bidirectional support"

3. Click on the "Advanced" tab.

4. Select "Start printing after last page is spooled" and then "OK".

Tried it, but everything is greyed out so I cannot check or uncheck the approbiate boxes!!!

Here is what I did:

1. Go into "Devices and Printers".
    - DONE!

2. Select the printer causing the problem, right click on it and choose "Printer Properties".
    - DONE!

3. Select the "Ports" tab and highlight the problem printer.
    - DONE!

4. Click on the "Configure Port" button.
    - CONFIGURE PORT is greyed out and is unclickable!

Can anybody help me?