Thread: Are the reports generated by Windows Action Center False?

Are the reports generated by Windows Action Center False?

I really do not know if this is working in the correct manner. I have the Windows Action Center here and I have seen that it is viewing my Virus Protection and Firewall to be switched off. Well I am sure that they are not but was surprised to see them OFF here. What can be the reason of this behavior of Windows Action Center? As the Antivirus program I have the Norton 2010 running here. I have seen that it is working fine and really with no issue yet. I tried to open it in the Action Center and when I did it; it just cannot remove the issue from the Action Center. Please help me with the issue here that I am stuck with. Can there be some issue because of the Norton and the Windows Action Center. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Are the reports generated by Windows Action Center False?

Well really this can be the case. Let me tell you that Norton and Symantec have provided the necessary information about their program to the Microsoft. So I think that they must have designed Windows Action Center here. Well I personally feel that they do not have ample amount of data on the Norton 2010 and hence you might be getting the issue there. In this case if you have the older version of the Norton then please get it installed and then see for the result in the Windows Action Center. I am of the opinion that this time for sure it will display it as ON there. This is just a try please make this if at all possible and after that please get me notified about the same soon. Hope that you will find the suggestions here worthy.

Well I think that it will be great if you can go with some other antivirus and see if the Windows Action Center is displaying the result for it in a better manner. Well you have asked if it is giving the false result or not then I am of the opinion that this is the only way by which you can determine all the things there. To be frank let me tell you that it will be great if you can simply have the AVG FREE installed here; well as it is free you can try this and after getting the satisfied answer you can make your choice without losing extra amount on this trial. Please do this.

In my opinion you are getting the issue since some of the files must have got corrupted. One file that I am of the opinion may be causing the issue is here: C:\windows\system32\WBEM repository. It will be really appreciated if you can check the status of Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if all the things are running well there. For doing this you will be required to Click on the Start button and in the search box type services.msc. The Service panel will get opened; in there you will be required to search for Windows Management Instrumentation service. Once you get this make a right click on it and then select Start. Please let me know if the suggestions made here really helped you. Will be glad to hear it here.

Well I am of the opinion that it will be simply great if you can run the updates and see if that can solve the issue of yours there. Well looking at the older posts it seems that both of the things are missing on some vital information and if the updates can be made then I am of the opinion that the situation will be handled in a much comprehensive manner here. For Norton you can pay visit to the Official site of Norton or Symantec and in case of the Windows Action Center I think that the only place where the updates can be found is the Microsoft.

Hope that you get the solution solved with the updates or with any of the above solutions. In addition to that let me tell you that if the above solutions do not go in your way then you can give my suggestion a try. Open up the Command Prompt and run it as Administrator. For this you will be required to click on the Start icon and then Choose the Search Box. In this box you will be required to type: cmd. Right Click on the Command Prompt and run it as Administrator. In the Command Prompt type: winmgmt /verifyrepository if this works then it is fine and however if it does not then you can try another command: winmgmt /salvagerepository . Please let me get notified about the result soon in this case here.