Thread: How to end csrss.exe and winlogon.exe

How to end csrss.exe and winlogon.exe

I have Windows 7 running in the system and I really like this new operating system and the way it is serving me here. Well when I press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete key I have seen that Task Manager gets popped up. No issue with that either. The issue that I have here is with the two processes that are being displayed in the Task Manager there. The two processes are csrss.exe and winlogon.exe. I do not know what this processes are and I am not able to dig out any detail about the same there. These two processes do not have properties neither description. I have attempted to end them but really I cannot, Can anyone here can help me in ending them. Are there chances that the system of mine is infected? Please help me in any possible manner.

Re: How to end csrss.exe and winlogon.exe

I really have something to share here. Well I have some of the information on winlogon.exe. The process winlogon.exe in reality executes itself in the surroundings. Basically this process i.e. Winlogon is an integral element of the Windows Login subsystem. It is recommended that you do not end up this. It is required for two purposes first user authorization and second having a check on Windows activation. If you want to manually locate it then you can find it in this folder C:\Windows\System32. This program is significant for the steady and safe and sound running of your computer and hence terminating it will be really not appreciated at all. Will let you know about the other part of the query soon.

Well I cannot deny what has been said above; but let me tell you all that some instances of the winlogon.exe has been considered as Trojan or Virus or Worm. So if that is really the case then let me tell you that it will be better if you can simply run the Scan and see it all by yourself there. If you are having the doubt with this file then immediate scan is what I will recommend you to go with. In the Task manager I have not come across any file any executable file that does not have the properties or any description. So it really seems that your system is hit with some malicious program. Please run the Antivirus program that you are having in your system and see if that can catch up these two issues that you are able to see here.

It is really a surprise that you failed to obtain information on the csrss.exe and winlogon.exe. I think that colleagues have given the description about the winlogon.exe let me tell you about the csrss.exe. It is a Microsoft Windows file that is placed in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. This is not spyware or Trojan or a virus so please does not attempt to end up these processes there. In reality the csrss.exe is a critical system process and if you will attempt to remove it or end up this process via Task manager then let me tell you that it is not at all possible. Looking at the things that you have just brought up here it seems that your file must have got corrupted, so please bring in action your antivirus program and let it handle this issue there.

To solve all the issues and to see if csrss.exe and winlogin.exe are justifiable Windows programs. Just follow the steps below and report me about the result there. First of all Download ProcessExplorer.zip. After that right click on this downloaded file and extract it. Finally run this program as Administrator. Open up the Task Manager and right click on csrss.exe and winlogon.exe processes in the list. Go to the Properties and then choose the Image tab. Finally click on the Verify button. Well you can see the result and would like you to post me the result as well.

Usually the issue is caused when Microsoft Windows Profile gets corrupted. So in order to overcome the issue you will be required to remove that profile and then reconstruct another profile. The steps that you will be required to follow are listed below:
    • Make a Backup of all the Files and the Documents on your system
    • Get out of the account that is causing you the issue
    • Go in the Control Panel and make another account
    • Make a right click on the My Computer icon and select the Properties tab there. Under the Properties tab you will be required to select Advanced tab
    • Under the Advanced tab click the Settings button that is beneath User Profiles
    • In the User Profiles Windows will emphasize the profile that is having this issue there.
    • Select that profile and delete it there.
    • Do this and let me know about the progress.