Thread: How can I get back password of Windows 7 on Netbook

How can I get back password of Windows 7 on Netbook

On my netbook that I have here I have Windows 7 running on it. Well there is no issue with this there. Now I have seen that I am missing on the Windows password there and hence would like to know if there is any possible solution by which I can have my password back. I have tried all the possible things that I could but really nothing worked in my favor. Has anyone ever done this before? Any help in the matter will be really appreciated.

Re: How can I get back password of Windows 7 on Netbook

There is really a simple way by which you will be able to get back the password for Windows 7. For your netbook; just restart the system and go in the Safe mode. Once you are in the Safe Mode then log in as Administrator. After that you will have to leave the password space blank. Once this is done successfully then you will be able to set the password for number of users there. Hope that you will be able to get the password reset here. In order to avoid the situation like this you can follow the instructions below. Click on the Start icon at the bottom and go in Help. After this you will be required to make keyfile and that too on top of USB DRIVE. It is always nice that you have this done in advanced so that the situation like this can be avoided.

Totally agree to the scenario that has been explained above but let me tell you that I have the perfect thing with me that will for sure work in your case. Just give this a try here and let me get notified if that really worked in your case. The scene is such that when Windows is installed it by design forms an account called as Administrator and the password filed is kept as BLANK. So when you will reboot the netbook and you will see the Windows logo there then you will be required to hit the Ctrl+Alt+Delete key. Then you have to type Administrator in the user name and then hit the Enter key. You should be able to get in Windows. Now go in the Control Panel and reset account password of yours there.

Well in case of the Windows 7 you can make use of the Command Prompt there and see if that can help you in resetting the password for Windows 7. The only thing is that you will have to log in with a valid account there. It is not necessary that you will have to go in as an Administrator. Well if you are able to get an entry there then launch the Command Prompt in that account. In the Command prompt you will have to type net user and then a list will flow in front of you. After that list gets completed then you will be required to type net user Administrator * and after this type net user _______ * where you can fill in any user from the list above. Once this is done successfully then you will be asked for the Password; and you will be required to type 1. After this log in to the Administrator with this new password. Hope that you will be able to get in your netbook with the suggestions made here. Please let me get notified about the same in yours next post.

In my opinion it will be really great if you can use the third part software so that you can reset the password here. Here are the one that you will be required to install and then see for the instructions below. Get this Windows Password Reset Professional; this is basically a powerful password recovery software. Download this and then install Windows Password Reset. Follow the instructions that you will see on the screen.

If at all you are trying to use the Third part Software then from my side I think that it will be great if you can Offline NT Password and Registry Editor. Well this is a utility that can be used so that the password for Windows can be reset. This is the thing that I will suggest you here. I think that it will be more easy to use then the Windows Password Reset Professional that was suggested above. One thing that I really like is that you will be no longer required to make use of the old password at all. Also if you want you can make use of Ophcrack which is a free of charge. The Graphical User Interface of this software is really nice, and scampers on not only Windows but all other platforms as well.