Thread: Unable to read USB in Linux Mint

Unable to read USB in Linux Mint

I have installed Linux Mint 10 on my computer. Well the problem is that Linux Mint 10 unable to detect any USB device which is plugged with the computer. However I am able to charge MP3 player. But the device is not displayed on the desktop of the computer. I am really wanted to USB feature of the machine. Can anyone help me to solve the problem? Your reply would be highly appreciated.

Re: Unable to read USB in Linux Mint

To work around on this problem I want to whether you have disabled Level 3 updates on your computer. Well I want to tell you because there was problem associated with Level 3 updates and Isadora XFCE. So make it enable if the Level 3 update is disabled on your computer. Well I really don’t know how to enable Level 3 update? But you could easily get information about Level 3 update from the internet.

Well I think you are also using your USB drive with Windows based system. It is possible that it has bad NTFS is formed on your USB drive. You to run mount command which will allow you to find dev which is placed under /dev/sdxx. Now you have to run ntfsfix command as sudo to clear the entire bad NTFS log from your USB drive. I hope it will help you to solve your problem. Please let me knopw whether it worked for you or not.

I don’t about how to enable Level 3 updates. But I can tell how you can enable Romeo on your Linux Mint. Press Alt and F1 together. Enter into System. Select Administration. Now go for the Software Sources. Now select Linux Mint Software tab and you have to click on the box located near to Unstable Packages. Once it is completed you can run the Update Manager from the Administration. I am really sorry since I am unaware about the process of the Level 3 update. I will definitely let you know if I come up with the solution. Anyway thanks for the reading.