Thread: Fails to installing fonts on Linux Mint 10

Delightful Guest

Fails to installing fonts on Linux Mint 10

I have recently installed Linux Mint 10 on my computer. I have required some fonts that I want to apply on a news letter. I tried to install fonts on my computer but I was unable to do the same. The new fonts are not register with Scribus. Also I am having problem with Firefox and Thunderbird that I have installed on my computer. Randomly both of browsers becomes blank and stops working. Forcefully refresh is the only solution for this situation. Can anyone having an idea about this situation? Please reply as soon as possible I am waiting.

Re: Fails to installing fonts on Linux Mint 10

Well about the installation of the fonts I suggest to you that you must delete the fonts from the directory. Place your fonts into .fonts so it does not mix up with fonts of the system. To know more about why Firefox and Thunderbird is not working? You can run both the browser through the terminal. It will display corresponding error on the screen which will help you to figure out the problem.

According my opinion GNOME does not have its own font manager since it is not required by it. The question is how to put font on your system? You have to simply pace the fonts .ttf files in to /home/<username>/.fonts/ directory. It will install the fonts on your computer. For the problem with Firefox and Thunderbird I suggest you to install the update of the both browsers on your computer. Hopefully updates would fix your problem.

Many times I have copied Windows based fonts on the other systems such as Linux, UNIX. Do you know what I was doing? I was simply navigated to the /usr/share/fonts/truetype directory in the Linux.I had open the folder truetype as system administrator and copied the all the fonts into the directory. Hope fully this will help you to solve your problem. Well I really don’t have any solution about the error that you are facing with Firefox and Thunderbird. I really apologize for the same. I will definitely let you know if I come up with any solution.