Thread: Words on new addition on Linux Mint

Words on new addition on Linux Mint

Linux Mint is available for download now and there are different distros for that. The new version of Mint distribution greatly appreciated by all those who begin in the Linux world by concentrating on one site all the packages. It is based on Ubuntu 10.04, including GNOME 2.30 as a desktop manager and Thunderbird 3 to handle e-mail. What are your viewpoints on the same. Linux mint is widely accepted due to tons of addons that are still not fully known. I have a Acer 5720Z laptop and I had installed this on it. It works smoothly. I had installed lots of information and till yet there is no crash issue. It work nicely even with the virtualization support. I am planing to dual boot my system and keep linux as my secondary operating system.

Re: Words on new addition on Linux Mint

It is right that among the older distribution Linux Mint is much better. The New manager software has been rewritten and now has around 30000 packages available to users 10 times more than the previous version. So that is a wide range of free apps you got which you can never found on any other operating system. There is a new backup tool, which has also been rewritten. It was a tool that would do all the necessary work to migrate between different versions without losing data. So that makes it much more table and effective. There also improvements in the options menu where you can see the options for configuring the various menu entries and define the level of transparency of the once deployed.

It is actually one of my favorite distros that has been released recently. Currently I have Fluxbox 9. Fluxbox is another bet for a lightweight desktop that involves lower consumption of resources for distribution, after removing the desktop versions and LXDE and XFCE . With this adaptation of desktop end adjustments, focusing from the time the new version due out from the version of Ubuntu 10.10. It is a debain based system and currently supports 32-bit systems. It comes with a live DVD with Gnome desktop. There is anew installer provided in that which easily recognizes the setup files. The distribution is table and I am using this till now with no worries. I use usb mostly and the best thing about linux is that virus thing.

It is called as a light operating system due to its functionality. The one which I use is nice. It come with Linux kernel kernel 2.6.1935 and the GUI is Gnome 2.32. Some new features are like highlighting recently installed applications. The expansion of the functional search is now using the search program which can be found in the repositories and also on the global search engines. So by that you can easily locate your software which you want to install. In the GUI update manager added the ability to selectively upgrade things as per choice. The download and upload manager have more elements to enhance the usability. There are new graphical theme provided for Gnome.

Linux Mint is different from most Linux distributions based on Ubuntu GNU / Linux. It is actually a result of changing operating system. The developers have made number of useful changes in the Linux Mint distribution. They are properly corrected many flaws and shortcomings. This has make this operating system as more accessible to a wider audience of users and in the end to everything in the operating system uses the original interface and a number of custom applications. There are number of distributions provided for mint and you can go for the choice you want.

I am using Mint 3.1. Although it is old but it is a complete Linux operating system, focused on the use desktop live / install, derived from Ubuntu 7.04, tuned to the repositories of that system. Linux Mint 3.1 uses the GNOME Desktop Manager version 2.18 and the optimal management of the system is thanks to this DE. The appearance of the desk is considerably different from the usual and the Deskbar. The main menu has a structure very different from Ubuntu and everything is shown in a single window, well separated, but not user friendly for people coming from Ubuntu. The main menu of Linux Mint is similar to that of Windows. That is the reason why I added this one to my system.