Thread: How to install the official version when I have trial version and also a RAID10

How to install the official version when I have trial version and also a RAID10

Actually in my computer I have installed the trial version of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I wonder how the migration will happen to the official version. This last will it overwrite the data and information on my hard drive? How all this going to happen. I am not a pro computer and therefore, I am very afraid of losing everything. Thank you in advance for your answers. And also here I wanted to know that will I lose the RAID 10? Should I use a professional for the installation?

Re: How to install the official version when I have trial version and also a RAID10

It will not be possible to install Windows 7 RTM on an evaluation of Windows (Rc). Neither a 64-bit nor a 32-bit. You need to do a clean install. Backing up files or other information:
    1. Windows Easy transfer which included in Windows 7, and it is used to transfer files and settings between computers.
    2. You can also use Windows Easy Transfer to create a backup of your computer running the trial version (RC) of Windows 7 to an external drive or flash drive.
    3. Then install Windows and run Windows 7 RTM transfer, re-import your data and settings.
    4. To start Windows Easy Transfer you can simply open the Start Menu of Windows 7 and enter "easy" in the search box (without the quotes).
    5. Click the Windows Easy Transfer in the search results in the programs.

Re: How to install the official version when I have trial version and also a RAID10

Actually it is recommended to repeat the installation. There is a way to perform the upgrade from RC to RTM but this one is not supported, so at your own risk. For RAID 10, if set in the BIOS of your machine, it should be recognized, if it is a cons by associations BIOS settings + Windows Drivers, it is likely that this is not the case. So regarding this whatever I know I have just mention it over here so if you want then you can go through this.

If I will be there in place of you so I would do a full backup of the machine through the Backup Manager of windows 7 to have a system image data more easily restorable, then and only then, I would try the Upgrade with the procedure given here. Be careful though, I cannot say it enough: THIS PROCEDURE IS NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED. There is a problem then you are alone with your machine. If not, seek a professional in your area, if that should be trained to do, be able to recover your data, you reinstall your system and recover your data.

Thank you for that information. I know that RAID 10 appears in my BIOS and it was done directly in, but whether there is a combination of BIOS settings + drivers, I have no idea. As I said before, I'm not pro in computers, a different world but who needs powerful machines following the evolution of digital sensors and software post-processing. How can I find through this forum, a Microsoft partner in my area? I confess that I am disgusted by the attitude of this so-called professional. He told me that when launching the final version, you just buy the license and everything will be all alone, without the need to reinstall everything.