Thread: Stand By consumes lots of time while starting in windows xp

Stand By consumes lots of time while starting in windows xp

I already worry about this. I finally understand the cause of the decline of autonomy at the time of standby. In fact, it turns out that if I put my PC on standby, and then I turn back, it consumes far more than before it was taking, and that means it breaks down more. I guess it is a driver problem, but I am not sure. And I also get this on to the windows XP, also in windows 7 without sleep. An idea to solve my problem? My pc is an HP nc 4400. I thought the graphics driver, but it seems ok. Thank you in advance!

Re: Stand By consumes lots of time while starting in windows xp

Any driver aside, it is normal that the cpu is more than XP with windows 7 asked. This could explain the difference of autonomy. I did 30 minutes less on windows 7 on XP on my windows cons 7am on XP both with the same test loop with 5 paused and 1 reboot. So regarding this, whatever I know regarding this over here I have just explain it over here.

The autonomy of a notebook depends on management by the OS. In the case of windows 7, autonomy has been greatly improved compared to Vista but to take part must optimize of drivers for all hardware. You just compare windows 7 to XP, it will never be in favor of windows 7, except the drivers and hardware specifically its management of energy. Your problem, instead of ACPI driver and management of your fan, who apparently does not handle well the awakening after the night before. The laptop has no vista drivers, it is likely that you keep a higher on autonomy than on XP and windows 7. I should identify the chipset and update your drivers. An alternative solution is to use Speed Fan can allow you to manage your fan and optimize its utilization.

Thank you for this information and for your help. I am not sure this is case fan since it does not run continuously but just more and more often than before. I especially feel that either the graphics card or processor is most stressed and suddenly hotter. I tried to use Vista drivers. Note that the graphics driver for Vista just does not windows 7 passes. My device manager tells me no device which does the driver problem, but I will try to update those of ACPI. I will also find information on the net to find the driver that could cause problems.

Regarding this I have just got an idea to test, try to switch to classic theme it should at least seek the component that heats and thus improve your problem only catch, you lose enforcement of Approval to use if like me you appreciate the graphics of Windows 7. So I will suggest you to try this at least for the once. I am sure you will get the solution after trying this.