Thread: Error 0x80042306 at the end of creating a system image in windows 7

Error 0x80042306 at the end of creating a system image in windows 7

Everything is in the title! I mean to say that I am getting Error 0x80042306 at the end of creating a system image. The chkdsk on the partition or it creates the backup did not work. All files are written, and the failure to place at the end. Now if anyone on this forum has understood the problem that I am facing then do let me know the solution for the same. I have tried to search the solution for the problem on net but I was not able to find any relevant answer for the problem that I am facing.

Re: Error 0x80042306 at the end of creating a system image in windows 7

I guess you've already done a search on the net on this error code. A small point, anyway, this error code, I already continued using EZ Backup utility for Asus XP: all seemed well functioned, May this error message at the end. I found the black box (that's what I call the event logs) 4 posts with this: VDS Basic Provider error. I do not know if it's related to windows 7 Ultimate migrated from a Vista Ultimate SP2. I have a Premium W7 migrated from a Vista Premium, you should look tomorrow if you facing the same problem again or not, if I have the same problem then you have response with more details related to your problem.

The error code was not preceded by other hexadecimal characters, because in this case, the meaning would be different. Your second error code, after flying over some links, let me suggest that you (or attempt to do so) to an external drive or disk on another machine networks. If indeed the backup was made (correctly or not) to a machine networks, have you ensured that prior to this long transfers machine will perform properly (no problems for example cyclic redundancy, especially if the machine is XP and the drive ATAPI / IDE). You could try to copy the contents of a DVD for example conditions it contains A LOT of files in many directories: Jpeg suited for this type of testing.

I saved on a backup partition on the same disc, with plenty of room! I did the same operation on my W7 premium and everything went well I tried to re-register the components in the registry, but the solution given is for Vista, and it seems that W7 did changes because some orders could not be. In fact, what interests me in this backup is the use of vhd file format, because with W7 can boot from vhd! I have a second problem, the system image is done with CD, and C is enough for me. Another difficulty more! I must find what determines W7 partitions considered system!

My problem is not how it's done; I control it well enough but why it does not work on my PC with Ultimate W7 and why it works on a W7 Premium element. I would like to limit this image to the system partition is C: in my case, and not pollute it with other partitions. My goal is to see if I can use the image made by a backup system to boot it. This is a significant progress of Windows 7. Of course I know how to create a virtual disk, install over a W7, and booted, but the reuse of the image that interests.

Thank you for your help but I read many articles about this new feature and not with the management of virtual disks that I have problems. I made one yesterday and it is simple enough to incorporate the "dual boot" W7 via the boot manager! The advantage is that it uses real resources of the PC, whereas this is not the case with hardware virtualization Windows VPC W7, or VPC2007. The disadvantage is that you cannot communicate with a host like VPC with W7 or VPC2007. The publisher of my software is MS itself because I am the system image (and not a backup) with built-in W7. This works fine on my PC W7 Premium and not on my PC W7 Ulitmate.