Thread: Unable to save Compiz settings

Unable to save Compiz settings

I have installed Compiz on my desktop. I am unable to save the settings that I have done in the Compiz. I had tried the following command mv ~/.gconf/apps/compiz ~/compizsettingsbackup but it did not worked. I also tried to reset the default settings but it did not worked again. This problem occurred just after exiting from the safe mode. Now in normal mode it’s not working properly. Please help me for the same.

Re: Unable to save Compiz settings

I am suggesting you to uninstall the Compiz from your computer and reinstall it. Well make sure that you are deleting all the Compiz configuration files from the hard disk. By default the Compiz configuration files are not visible. You have to navaiget to /home/your_name/.config/compiz/compizconfig directory in order to delete Compiz configuration files. Once you have completed with the process you have to restart your computer. Once it is restarted you can proceed with the installation process of the Compiz. Well try it and let me know whether the above mentioned solution work for you or not.

I think is there any issue with iso file of the Compiz. Many time it is occurred due to some error in the iso file. Iso file can corrupt during the downloading process so make sure that the iso file should be error free. I want to also know that whether you have installed Graphic card on your computer. Many such problems occur due to compatibility issue between graphic card and the operating system. So kindly check and let me know. If you got any solution then please share with us. Please fill free if you have any query about the above mentioned solution.

You told me that Compiz is not working after restarting your computer from the safe mode. I am defiantly say that there is bug in to the Compiz. According to me you should contact developers of the product. Well they will defiantly solve your problem. You can send an email regarding about your problem. They will release the updated version of the software once the problem is fixed. You have to wait till the updated version is not released. For the time being you can use previous working version of the Compiz on your computer. I hope developer will fix your problem.