Thread: Unable to change association of an extension program in windows 7

Unable to change association of an extension program in windows 7

I want to change the association of an extension program with a specific property. In previous versions, this was done in the "file type" explorer, which was given the full path of the program to use. I am not able to find this feature in version 7. I am not able to get appropriate solution for this. So if you guys have any idea regarding this then please help me as soon as it is possible for you. And please remember that try to post this as soon as it is possible for you.

Re: Unable to change association of an extension program in windows 7

There is a solution for this so you just follow this:
    • You click on "Start", you selected "default program"
    • After that click on the "" associate a file type or protocol with a program
    • Then expect the load to make this
    • You look or what is your file extension and you click on "change program"
    • You select the program recommended by 7 to open your windows and you file a valid "ok"
    • If you do not get your program to open your file, click "Browse" to select your program to open your file
    • Tick the box "Always use the selected program to open this file type if necessary

If you made a new installation and not an update of your previous OS, W7 is delivered as opened, so you must reinstall the software. Only software "portable" or close misses this constraint. There is a possibility to transfer the settings for an installation on another OS, but it must be done BEFORE installing. So as I have suggested over here just check this and if it is not their then try to complete this as soon as it is possible.

There is one more solution so you can also go for this also:
    1. You right click with your mouse on your "file.doc" and you select "Open With"
    2. And after this choose which program you want to open your file (in the occurrence to Office11. doc files and files for Office12. doc)
    3. You have to automatically select your program in "other program"
    4. You tick the box "always use this program to open this file" and you click on "browse" to find which program you want to open your file that you register on your support macaws (USB, hard drive)
    5. Your programs are in "program files": Selected program or office11 Office12 following your extension program and select the. exe program.
    6. Finally click "OK". It will fix your issue.

I have already installed some time ago these keys in my registry is impeccable! More, it removes the conflict to use Word 2003 as editor of Outlook message, if you have Word 2007 installed also (since it is this version that is called by default ...). But that does not solve my problem of the target directory. Exe file that I want to associate an extension! So any solution regarding this issue if you have then please suggest me as soon as it is possible for you guys.