Thread: Need to reset the administrator password in my Windows XP Virtual Machine

Need to reset the administrator password in my Windows XP Virtual Machine

I have presently created a Windows XP virtual machine as well as have been making use of it with no troubles. Today when I start my computer, it asked me for an administrator password. I suppose that I did not set up since I have not at all asked for it prior to.How be able to I reorganize my password or else do I require to rebuild a new machine?Can I make use of a password reset utility?Thanks in advance for any assist. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Need to reset the administrator password in my Windows XP Virtual Machine

As per my knowledge if a blank password does not function then you most likely have to reconstruct the virtual machine. This moment I advise you implement the standard practice of setting up a second administrator account instantaneously and create a note of its password. It is the same as at what time you purchase a new car: You obtain as a minimum two sets of keys.

I also have the dame issue. I was given a Virtual PC file which belongs to a worker who left our business. The Virtual PC has vital code as well as data. I started up the request in Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, however cannot logon for the reason that we do not be acquainted with any user names or passwords for the machine. How be I able to reset the Administrator password on the virtual machine?

So long as you be able to boot the machine from a CD or FLOPPY (which be supposed to be doable inside Virtual PC), you can make use of the NT Offline Password Editor on the way to either set a well-known password or else reset the password to vacant. You do not require to be familiar with any of the passwords.Hope this will help you to get rid of your problem.

I too have this type of issue and resolve the problem. The same means you would reset the passwords for a physical Windows machine. My liking is Offline NT Password and Registry Editor. It will allow you modify or else reset any of the local passwords on the system. Hope this will help you to get rid of your issue if you need any further assistance. Please let me know.