Thread: Additional Users not able to Unlock Taskbar

Additional Users not able to Unlock Taskbar

From last ten days I am getting an error screen state that I was being logged in as a temp user - I was inform that meant my profile was despoiled. At what time I set up a new user, it cannot unlock the taskbar. I have attempted the whole thing I am able to imagine of and at a standstill have the trouble. We have attempted right clicking on the bar as well as clicking Taskbar Locked but at what time it brought up another time, it is locked. Lastly we have moved into Control Panel and opened Taskbar, clicked Unlock Taskbar. And when we go back to the taskbar, it is locked.Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

Re: Additional Users not able to Unlock Taskbar

I also do not have any suitable solution to your problem. But I will recommend you to attempt making use of System Restore to go back to an previous point in time earlier than this trouble occur. If the User Profile is damage, you will require on the way to make a new one as well as migrate your personal files to it. Hope this will assist you to get rid of your issue.

I have accurately the similar trouble. I have attempted all the solution however not any have worked up to now. I am hoping to stay away from having to generate a new user. I have as well noted that at what time I click on the Windows "START" button which I do not acquire a appropriate menu showing. All I am able to observe on the popup box is a empty white rectangular box I am running Windows Vista Business service pack 2.

I know the dolution to our issue. And confirm you that this will get rid of it. Try Press WinLogo Key+R and type: GPEdit.msc in the open window. Observe the properties of the "Lock The Taskbar" item at User Configuration->Admin Temporary-> Start menu and Taskbar/. You are most likely set to 'enabled'. If you need any further assist please let me know.

I as well have this trouble.It's a work laptop as a result I cannot generate a new user account, and even though I’m permitted to access the administrator account, I am not allowed on the way to set my own account to be at the same time as an administrator one. I cannot modify the task bar - it seems to be eternally locked as well as the start menu will not accept any new shortcuts.

Have you scanned your system? This might be happening due to any malware or virus. If you require to verify for malware here are my suggestion - these will permit you to perform a systematic check as well as removal with no ending up by means of a load of spyware programs running resident which be able to cause as a lot of problem as the malware and possibly harder to notice as the cause. These can be done in Safe Mode download malwarebytes as well as scan with it, run MRT, and add Prevx to be certain it is gone.