Thread: Linux Mint continuously connects/disconnects with Wireless network

Linux Mint continuously connects/disconnects with Wireless network

Where is the problem? Well I am using Linux Mint Julia from past many years. I am facing issue with the Wireless connection. In every half minutes it automatically gets disconnect and reconnects. It’s really frustrating me. I am unable to connect manually at a time. I have also downloaded the latest updates from the update manager but still I am facing the same issue. Can anyone help me out from this frustrating situation?

Re: Linux Mint continuously connects/disconnects with Wireless network

I was facing the same problem with my wireless network. I tried lots of trick to solve the issue l but everything that I have done become wasted. I tried to change the channel of the wireless signal that transmitted by the Wireless router. Magically the problem disappeared and now I don’t have any connection issue while connecting with wireless network. You should try it I hope it will fix your problem

Well I really don’t know about the troubleshooting of your problem. I have certain steps that will let you if card and router not connecting with each other. You have to download latest driver of RaLink from the official website. You have to erase rt61pci, rt2x00pci, and rt2x00lib module from the hard drive. Use the following command to achieve the same
    Code:
    sudo rmmod rt61pci rt2x00pci rt2x00lib
    Now download RT2501PCI/mPCI/CB. Now complie the driver.Now use the following command
    Code:
    sudo KBUILD_NOPEDANTIC=l make all install
    . Once you finished edit /etc/Wireless/RT61STA/rt61sta.dat file and set the local network. Once it is working properly you can start encryption and MAC filtering. Now you have to restart your Network service it will work perfectly.

I am providing few tricks that may help you out from this situation. First of all you have to uninstall and reinstall all the drivers on your computer. It is the simplest solution that I can give you. Another way is to modify settings into the BIOS of your computer. You have to set wireless as chief device for the internet connection. You have to disable Ethernet from the BIOS of your computer and check whether there is improvement in the situation or not. Please tell me whether any of above trick worked for you or not. Wish you best of luck.

You should use the following command to know what type of Wired and wireless network adapter that are used. You should type inxi –F command on the terminal. It will elaborate about the entire Network adapter that you are connected with it. You can figure out where the problem is and what troubleshooting steps should be taken to overcome the problem. So try this command and plan your troubleshooting steps accordingly.