Thread: Windows XP is not connecting to internet for activation

Windows XP is not connecting to internet for activation

I recently purchased a new laptop that is Neo Qnote. The problem with the new operating system is that it required to be activated. I can connect to internet but the activation window shows that I cannot connect to the internet. I am unsure if this trouble with my copy of Windows XP but it's almost brand new from authorized distributor. What are the solutions that you could suggest so that I may be able to activate previous to the thirty day trial period expires?

Re: Windows XP is not connecting to internet for activation

I think you need to contact a Microsoft customer service agent to activate Windows by call, for this use these steps: First click on Start, then click on All Programs then click on Accessories, select System Tools, and then click on Activate Windows. Or, click on the Windows Activation tab in the notification area. Now click Yes, I need to telephone a customer service executive to active Windows now. Click on Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy declaration for examine conditions then click Back, and then click on Next. Use the steps in the Activate Windows with the phone dialog box, and then click next. Write down the number appears now and differs based on the place that you choose. When activation is finished and you get the following message, and then click on OK. You have effectively activated your copy of Windows. After that you can check by restarting your computer.

In case you are using modem connection then follow these steps for activating windows XP. First click on Start, then click on All Programs then again click on Accessories, now select System Tools, and then click on Activate Windows. Or, you can also click on the Windows Activation tab in the notification area. Now click Yes on activate Windows over the Internet now. Then click on Read option of the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement, then click Back, and then click on Next tab. If you only wish to activate Windows, click on No option and then click on Next. The wizard set up a connection with an activation server, and then makes the activation request. When activation is finished and you get the following message, and then click on OK. After that your windows is activated successfully.

As per my knowledge Windows XP will not activate if your time and date settings are not proper. Ensure you have set the accurate region for where you should be getting time for. Also make sure you have to put the date to the current date manually. Then try and synchronized your time with the default Microsoft time server after using these steps, try to activate again.