Thread: old user account occupying some folders, not able to delete them

old user account occupying some folders, not able to delete them

I am using a Dell inspiron one laptop with windows 7 platform. Recently I encounter a problem regarding the desktop icon, then one of my friend suggest me to create a new user account. And create this one and remove the older one. Now from today morning I tried to uninstall a software application from my machine, but after terminate the process the massage is flashes in my screen, that the file of this program is using by the profile. I searched on eth background of the machine and found that one file is using by the older profile that I had deleted from my machine. I tried to delete, but machine directs me that the windows is not found the path of this profile. Still I am not able to remove the software application from my machine. How to remove this, is there any one can suggest me some way?

Re: old user account occupying some folders, not able to delete them

This type of problem might be occurred for the other software application program which is installed in your machine, so I suggest you to restart your machine and tried to remove this one. Because I had the similar issue, and after reboot the machine, I found that for the yahoo toolbar this problem arriving. Go for the program those are installed in your machine to check whether they are creating the problem or not. I hope this information will somehow help you to overcome from the problem.

Start your machine by the administrative account password and name and enter into the safe mode. Now go to the user account option under control panel, look for the instance of the older user account in your machine, if there is any instance is situated over then this will be flashes into the safe mode. Remove this one and reboot your machine. Now got o the program installation folder under start menu and click on the uninstall icon, now follow the process to remove the software application from the machine. Along with that remove the other files those are collaborate with the software application physically from the machine. Reboot your machine in normal mode and look whether the software is removed from your machine or not.

If there is any instance of the old user profile is situated in your machine then this can be deleted from the administrative account for that you process to the start menu and right click on the command prompt option, choose the Run as administrative option. This will open the command prompt panel by using the administrative authentication. Type and insert net user administrator /active:yes into the command prompt and hit on enter from your keyboard. It will directs you for successfully terminate the command, either from there if you know the user name of that profile able to delete or log out from the prompt and it will appear you into the administrative account, from there you will be simply delete the user account instance. Reboot your machine and now try to remove that particular software application program.