Thread: Unable to choose Hard disk during Linux Mint Installation

Unable to choose Hard disk during Linux Mint Installation

I have installed Windows 7 with four internal hard disks. I want to install Linux Mint 10 Julia 64 bit on my other hard drive. My first requirement is Window 7 and Julia should be installed on the separate hard drive. I am able to see one drive on the Linux Mint desktop rest of 3 is visible. How can I make appear that drive on the desktop? How can I install Julia without affecting the Windows 7? Please help me out from this situation.

Re: Unable to choose Hard disk during Linux Mint Installation

Well I am suggesting you to use the following command. sudo fdisk –l. This command will display all the hard disk connected with your computer. Once you have installed Linux on your computer it will edit the MBR file of the first drive where the Windows 7 has been installed. You have to use GRUB2 to prevent disturbance to Windows 7. It will allow you to select Mint Linux to boot. According to me you should try it.

fdisk –l command will display all the four drives on the system. /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd if you want to install Julia on /dev/sdc. You have to save all the files that are open. You have to use Gparted to erase the NTFS file system from your hard disk. It will provide you free memory space for the installation process. Now you can carry out the installation process of the Linux Mint 10 Julia on your hard drive. Once you have finished with the installation you can select the hard drive using the BIOS set up. I hope it will help you to solve your problem.

You can use boot device selection menu from the BIOS to select the desired hard drive for installation of the Linux Mint. Another way is to use third party application in your situation. You can use EasyBCD software tool. Well it’s available for free on the internet. This application tool allows you to configure the dual boot system. According to me you should use the EasyBCD application tool to solve your problem.