Thread: Unable to change registry because of trustedinstaller permission

Unable to change registry because of trustedinstaller permission

I desire to add a number of key in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT->CLSID->{212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}. When I try to perform this I found that I have no permission to add any keys despite the fact that I am with administrator permission. The only means appear to alter the Owner from Trustedinstaller to administrator.On the other hand, my program installer cannot perform this automatically. Is there any means on the way to have my installer to add keys in this situation?

Re: Unable to change registry because of trustedinstaller permission

As per my knowledge it depends on how you built it? Your installer requires on the way to bypass a UAC prompt all through installation method. On the other hand, I would like you to share some details.Do you make use of MSVS2010? or else any older edition? Is this a .NET based system?I hope you get this information helpful as well as if you require any further help, please feel free to contact me and let me know.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion regarding to this issue.I make use of installshield 2010 for my installer. I establish my installer cannot update the registry yet I stopped the UAC. But this does not resolve my issue. If you have any other advice to get rid of this issue. Please let me know as soon as possible. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

I also have exactly same problem and I do not imagine it is UAC associated problem in view of the fact that it doesn't work even I stopped UAC in my system.I found it requires Authenticode certification or else WHQL certification for this problem.The just way to alter a WRP registry value is to: put forward the altered file as well as installer to an Authenticode supplier as well as receive an Authenticode certificate for application.

I do not imagine that you will still pay for the installer, if the case is that InstallShield system files ( I indicate the ones you make by means of InstallShield) are compulsory on the way to be signed by means of a digital signature, after that I advise you go through standard Microsoft Installer (MSI) as well as Windows Installer (WSI). Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.