Thread: Installation attempts are failing in Linux Mint

Installation attempts are failing in Linux Mint

I want to install Linux Mint 10 on my external hard disk. For this purpose I have deleted Windows 7 from my hard drive. I tried to install Linux Mint 10 with 9 xfce and it stuck during the installation. I restarted the computer but still I am having the same problem. At last I started the Gpatred to solve my problem. When I tried to play with the menu it automatically gets shut down. I also tried to run on the terminal but it’s not working. Please help me on this situation. I am really annoyed. I am awaited for your prompt reply. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Re: Installation attempts are failing in Linux Mint

I have researched a lot on situation that you have described above and I conclude that there is an issue with iso file of the Linux Mint 10. According to me your iso file is being corrupted during the downloading process. I would like to suggest you that you should checksum of the iso file. It will be great if you again download the entire iso file and start with installation process. Let me know if it working or not in order to fix your problem.

Well I really don’t know what is wrong in your situation but I can tell you that you can use Universal usb installer to solve your problem. It’s a great tool which helps you to select Linux distribution to place on your USB Drive. It is very easy to use you have to simply select the iso file. Click and install it on your pen drive. Once it is completed you can directly boot the Linux from the pen drive. So try it.

If you are unable to install Linux Mint 10 into your computer the why are you not going for LMDE? Well LMDE stands for Linux Mint Debian Edition. The main goal of the LMDE is to be work as Debain does and it has same look and feel as that of main edition of LMDE. It is available in both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. It more responsive than Ubuntu based system. You do not require reinstalling the system on your computer.