Thread: Windows 7 stops at “Setting up personalized settings for: Browser Customization”

Windows 7 stops at “Setting up personalized settings for: Browser Customization”

I have recently installed windows 7 64 bit. I tried to setup personalized setting. Trying to access new user account however system stops at "Setting up personalized settings for: Browser Customization. If you have any suggestion to this issue please let me know. Thank you in advance. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 stops at “Setting up personalized settings for: Browser Customization”

Hi, Did you attempt log in into your newly created user account in Safe mode with networking on the way to observe if the system hangs at “Setting up personalized settings for: Browser Customization” ?Are you making use of Internet Explorer as your default web browser or else any other web browsers? Did you check this activity by creating several user accounts?

Re: Windows 7 stops at “Setting up personalized settings for: Browser Customization”

I will recommend you to boot your system in safe mode and see if you still have the same error.To boot the PC in Safe mode with networking follow the below stepd.
    a. Reboot your system and press F8 while restarting
    b. Under Windows Advanced Boot options, select Safe mode with networking as well as press Enter.
    c. Login to new user account furthermore confirm if the system hangs at “Settings up personalized settings for browser customizations”.

If it does not hang, The next option you have try to carry out a clean boot. While in Safe mode, set the PC into a clean boot. If you do not have idea about how to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows 7. You can follow the steps from Microsoft site. Once the PC is in clean boot, reboot the PC back to normal windows startup furthermore ensure if you’re able on the way to login to your new user account.Hope this information is helpful.

I also had the same problem with Windows7 Home and I attempted the safe mode method but I still have the have issue with the new user account. I altered the user from Standard to Administrator as well as immediately had a successful login. I after that altered the user back to Standard. Thank you all of you for your valuable suggestion.