Thread: TS1307: Mac OS X 10.5 - Can send mail sometimes but not every time

TS1307: Mac OS X 10.5 - Can send mail sometimes but not every time

I am using Mac OS X 10.5 and the problem that I am facing is that I am able to send mail sometimes but not every time, I mean that some time the mails gets sent properly and sometimes I get an message saying 'problem with outgoing server address' I have checked out the address and I am quite sure that it is correct, I also wanted to add that when I am sending any text message to myself then they are going in to the Important mailbox but then not in the Inbox, the mails that gets failed are ending up in folder called Bin, I don’t have much idea about this issue and I have never faced the same before, the mail provider Blueyonder in my case it is part of Virgin Media now. Is there anyone who has an idea about this and can help me out with the same??

Re: TS1307: Mac OS X 10.5 - Can send mail sometimes but not every time

I am using Mac OS X 10.5 and the problem that I am facing is that I am able to send mail sometimes but not every time, I mean that some time the mails gets sent properly and sometimes I get an message saying 'problem with outgoing server address' I have checked out the address and I am quite sure that it is correct, I also wanted to add that when I am sending any text message to myself then they are going in to the Important mailbox but then not in the Inbox, the mails that gets failed are ending up in folder called Bin, I don’t have much idea about this issue and I have never faced the same before, the mail provider Blueyonder in my case it is part of Virgin Media now. Is there anyone who has an idea about this and can help me out with the same??
    In that case I just wanted to know that are you having the below settings or it is different?
    Incoming mail server: imap4.blueyonder.co.uk
    Username: <account username>
    Password: <your account password>

For the Outgoing mail:
    Outgoing Mail server (SMTP) settings
    Server Name: smtp.blueyonder.co.uk
    *Advanced Settings*
    Port: uses default port setting
    Authentication: None

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that what is the setting of your outgoing server. As far as I am aware the receiving email ports might be this:
    • IMAP is port 143
    • IMAP-SSL is port 993
    • POP is port 110
    • POP-SSL is port 995

So what is your Outgoing port server setting?? Just let me know the same so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out with the same, I guess the SMTP and SMTP-SSL is on ports 25, 587 and 465 so the Port 587 might be to ssl where as port 465 is basically TLS-wrapped and it is being used by Outlook users, anyways just provide me the requested detail for further help.

I am having almost the same setting that has been mentioned in the first post:
    • Server name = smtp.blueyonder.co.uk: (my username)
    • Advanced Settings are Port 143
    • Authentication Password -None [this option is not offered]

I have seen other box that has been described above for using default port settings where as the authentication box was at 'password' and I am able to change it to none, I also wanted to share that I have been facing problems with blueyonder frequently but then the case is going worse this time.

Yes you can try it out and if it is helping then you can sign up for a Free iCloud IMAP account but then you wont be able to use .mac or MobileMe as type of Account and you will have to select IMAP for setting it up, if you are not willing to use the same then it will be very hard so as to change the mail.me.com to mail.me.com as well as smtp.mail.me.com to smtp.me.com, so on iCloud Mail setup just select IMAP and after that proceeding further when it will ask for Description then you can use your email address, if you want then you can use a unique name as well.
    IMAP (Incoming Mail Server) information:
    • Server name: imap.mail.me.com
    • SSL Required: Yes
    • Port: 993
    • Username: example@me.com (Here just use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
    • Password: Your iCloud password
    SMTP (outgoing mail server) information:
    • Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
    • SSL Required: Yes
    • Port: 587
    • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
    • Username: example@me.com (Here just use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
    • Password: Your iCloud password