Thread: System is unable to shutdown in windows 7

System is unable to shutdown in windows 7

On my machine, I have 2 hard drives: one with Vista, and the other with seven. When try to shut down my PC at the time of using the windows 7, my PC continues to run LED indicating that the PC is turned to shut down, but it kept running. So at that time I think that it is because of, my motherboard must be dead!" But after rebooting and running in windows Vista, and then I try to shut down the PC, and everything goes out normally. Then I tried again to boot in windows 7 and shuts down the pc so getting the same problem as mentioned above. I think it may be because of the windows 7 bug?

Re: System is unable to shutdown in windows 7

I also have the same problem of extinction of the power of my PC. When I click on stop, turn off the pc starts but does not stop and still running and the lights that remain lightening. I checked everything and do several tests with several changes of parameters of power control in the Control Panel but impossible to turn off the computer. I am forced to make a forced stop still pressing the button on my pc for a few seconds it stops. I unplugged the entire peripherals one by one and the same problem. Thank you in advance that has to be the solution.

I have the same problem. Impossible to stop the computer, it seems to die out, but the fan still works and USB peripherals are still supplied. By cons it is noted that the restart is no problem. Moreover, when I run my pc on vista I have no problem stopping it. When I start the pc after a forced shutdown everything is planted I do not get restarted my pc after multiple restarts and 2 or 3 pc system recovery procedures. I tried unplugging everything, even the graphics card and RAM chips one to one. App level, with ms config, I disabled all services and all software startup. But nothing works for me.

I'm not confident if this is the right solution, but have you attempted to install the newest board management software which is downloaded from your motherboard manufacturer? It might not install devoid of making use of the well matching mode for Vista. You are also able to make use of that by right ticking on the set-up.exe file inside that download and selecting "troubleshoot". It would appear like the O.S. in your pc is attempting to send a command to shut-down to the board but the message I mean here that the communication is failing? And if you update the drivers for the board so it might be the answer. I would make a back-up image previous to attempting it so you are able to re-store the O.S. though! May be through this you will be able to get fix for your issue.

athelnstone Guest

According to me your problem is not in motherboard.Problem is because of improper installation of windows 7.It may possible that it missing required files to shut down your pc.So reinstall properly your windows 7 and surely your problem will be solved.

I am not 100% sure on what you would like me to attempt. It is a dell so I am able to obtain the whole thing from Dell downloads (I consider Dell makes their own MBs). Are you talking regarding the chipset driver? If so, I do contain the newest one Dell is offering.*I went there this morning to observe if there had been any newer driver releases for no matter which on my computer and there was not. If you are not talking concerning the chipset driver or if you believe I should attempt to reinstall the chipset driver please allow me to acquaint with. Also if you believe I am able to download the chipset driver and attempt to find troubleshoot.

I am not 100% sure on what you would like me to attempt. It is a dell so I am able to obtain the whole thing from Dell downloads (I consider Dell makes their own MBs). Are you talking regarding the chipset driver? If so, I do contain the newest one Dell is offering.*I went there this morning to observe if there had been any newer driver releases for no matter which on my computer and there was not. If you are not talking concerning the chipset driver or if you believe I should attempt to reinstall the chipset driver please allow me to acquaint with. Also if you believe I am able to download the chipset driver and attempt to find troubleshoot.