Thread: How to get Wine installed on my Linux Mint Laptop

How to get Wine installed on my Linux Mint Laptop

I have a very simple question to ask you all. I wanted to know how can I get the wine installed on my laptop. I have recently got a Linux mint operating system on my laptop and also I am a new Linux user. So that’s why I don’t have a good knowledge regarding this. Since I have a lot of files which used to run in the windows operating system and I need to run the same in the Linux as well. So that’s why I need wine for my system. So anyone of you having any idea then please do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: How to get Wine installed on my Linux Mint Laptop

Well wine is a application that is used to support the files that we used to run in the windows operating system. It is a very important application especially for the Linux users. You can easily get wine in the package manager button of the menu option. So you can go there and can find the necessary installation information for the wine. You can go there and install the wine accordingly. I think after that you will be able to run the wine properly into your system.

You can also try installing the wine by typing the following command in the command prompt. What you can do is go to the command prompt and type the following commands
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install wine
    sudo apt-get install winesetuptk
    Once you are done with that you need to configure the above command for that you bneed to type
    Winesetuptk
    Click ok after that. If everything works fine then the wine will get perfectly installed In your system.

Well you can also go with many of the websites who claim to have a free installation for the wine beta version. So you can go and install the wine program accordingly. I think so that will be the better option. Since there is no need to type the commands and all in the command prompt. So this is the easiest option. Do let me know if this particular type of installation has worked with you or not.

Hey thanks a lot for the information that you have given. I have got the wine program installed in my computer. I tried with the first solution and that only helped me to get the wine program. I did not try the website’s links. Since many claim to have this installation version but at the same time there is a danger of entry of the dangerous malware sand viruses. So that’s why I did not go with that suggestion. Thanks a lot for the efforts that you have put In to solve my issue.