Thread: Cannot install Linux Mint

Cannot install Linux Mint

I was actually thrilled to try out Linux Mint and the whole thing went satisfactory through the demo. But when I selected to install Linux Mint then I may have clicked somewhat that messed it up for the reason that it stopped installing. I decided to try that again and that is why I tried to shut it off to attempt again. But when I booted that then It was just showing me black screen that is having a flashing white underscore. It was not able to allow me to type. Now I am not able to do anything as it is not showing me anything. So If you know that how can I make this functional them please post your suggestion over here. Thank you.

Re: Cannot install Linux Mint

What is the operating system that you have installed currently? You can try to boot from that operating system to your desktop and see if that allows you to boot normally. If that does not allow you then you can start your computer in safe mode and after that run the system restore to some earlier point and check if that can solve the issue for you or not. If systems restore runs properly then you will be able to start your system normally. Along with this, you should also ensure md5sum subsequent to downloading.

Which mint are you using? I mean that Mint 8, 9 or 10. You can alter between these and see which one is working for you. If you found one is not working then you can try another and if that also does not help you then you can move on the third one. Many of the time a particular version of the Mint is not compatible with some system. If that is the case for you then also it may be showing you the issues like this to change the version and see if that helps you or not.

There may be some problem with the CD or DVD that you are using to install that and it is also possible that the problem is with the program that you are using to Burn the CD or DVD. SO according to me, you need to burn the CD or DVD again and install it from the newly burned CD. If the issue is due to the bad installation then this time it will work fine. This time, burn with some other software and also on some other computer if possible.

You can try to do one thing that boot from the operating system that is already installed in your computer and after that again try to boot from the live medium. This time it may boot properly. If that solves the problem then it is fine but if that is not able to solve the issue then you can try to boot in the BIOS and set the all the settings as default. I wish that this will help you.