Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2011

Getting Error 105 Server not found on windows 7

I installed Windows 7, upgrade with no problem. Everything works fine except the little problem. In everyday use, with navigator Chrome when I go to pages I often have the error message Error 105 (net:: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Server not found. This problem does not appear in IE8, it only appear in Chrome only. What this is the reason for this and how can I fix it? Thank you for your help.
Old 04-01-2011

Re: Getting Error 105 Server not found on windows 7

So in order to get rid from this you try to disable the firewall orange, and simply activate the native of windows 7, or it will also require you to declare exceptions Chrome. And to make a personal Orange on the firewall so it is well-known, or just preferred to Windows 7 it will cause you half the problems. And please remember that if after trying this you get solution for your query so just update over here.
Old 04-01-2011

Thank you for this wise advice: turning off the firewall orange and activating the Windows 7, the problem disappears, because even without declaring exceptions in Chrome, I did not find how to access this setting. So I just want to tell other users who are going through the same issue they can go for this I am sure that they will get the solution for their issue. And I have also seen that many of the user who are facing this they got the solution after trying the solution which is given over here.
Old 04-01-2011

I am going through the same and this on a Wireless and a wired connection. Another Wired connection works very well. Actually it mostly happens on to the IE7, GC, Safari and FF3. And also on to the system Vista Ultimate 32bit and Windows XP-SP3. So you can fix this issue by changing the setting on to the Norton Firewall. In this you have to allow settings for GC and IE7. I hope this will fix this issue.
Old 11-01-2011

I have established the straightforward method to solve this*'Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server was not able to find this so in this you have to re-enter the addresses of your saved tabs. This should be done through a search engine and not by making use of the original address these should be deleted from the "on start up" menu in choices. I believe the bits after the .com are rising the difficulty. Hope this is of help.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,