Thread: Thumbnails cannot be updated in Windows 7 after editing picture

Thumbnails cannot be updated in Windows 7 after editing picture

I like to store pictures in my computer and edit them. For editing I use Windows Live Photo Gallery. Earlier I was using Windows 7 and all the things were running fine but I am facing some problems since when I installed Windows XP on it. I did some editing like cropping & brightening and saved the picture. But after that I found that they are viewable in the thumbnail mode. Please tell me that what is the problem with that and how can I solve this issue? Thank you.

Re: Thumbnails cannot be updated in Windows 7 after editing picture

Is this specific to any fixed format of the images or it is same to all the formats of the images. I would like to recommend you to do Disk Cleanup. If you use that then it will clean up your temporary internet files, cookies, thumbnail and temp files.
    1. Click on the start and in the search box, you have to type Disk Cleanup and press the enter button.
    2. After that you have to check the "Thumbnails" and then click OK.
    3. Now click the "Delete Files" button.

OK, you can try the solution suggested above and I wish that it will solve the issue for you but if that is not able to solve the problem then you can delete the thumbcache_*.db files. These file are there at the location.

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

You can simply copy and paste this path in the search box and this will open this in front of you.

You should check whether this issue occurs with any particular account it is there with all the users account in the system. If it is with all the users, then above solutions can help you. But if it is with a particular account then you can create a new account and give that user the administrator access. Now delete the account that was having problem and now you can make use of the newly created account.

I have the solution for this issue. Just go through the steps below and see whether it solves the problem for you or not.
    1. First of all, you have to right click on the folder that is having images.
    2. Now go to view.
    3. Note down the current icon size and then modify it to another size. That is medium to large icon. After that go to "Medium-Icons"
    4. This will resize the icons and update their cache memory.

There may be problem with the software that you are using to edit the images. It may be doing something to the image while saving that file. My suggestion to you is to try some other editing software and check it that gives you the same result. There are many such image editing softwares on the web. Search and download a good one. Install and use that. This can resolve the issue that you are getting.