Thread: After installing NAS disk in windows 7 getting Error 1208

After installing NAS disk in windows 7 getting Error 1208

On my home network, I have a NAS Disk IB-NAS900. It is accessible from all computers on the network. With the computer on which I installed windows 7 operating system, I can see it in explorer, but when I try to explore it, I get the message: \ \ XXXX is not accessible. You may not have sufficient permissions and prompts me a Network Error (1208). I installed the latest firmware and I fit into the administration page with IE8. Does anyone have an idea.

Re: After installing NAS disk in windows 7 getting Error 1208

I have a NAS from the same manufacturer that you and it is perfectly accessible from Windows 7 with Internet explorer 8. Have you tried to connect a network drive (My Computer> Button "Map a network drive") pointing to the NAS. You would have the opportunity to store logins (admin) and password (your password) to access the bug with the correct authentication settings by ticking the box "connect using different credentials". And regarding this one more solution is that you can fix this with the IP address of the NAS, if it is fixed IP: \ \ IP-ADDRESS.

Thank you for your help. I tried to map the NAS, but I have the same reaction: \ \ XXXX is not accessible. You may not have sufficient permissions Network Error (1208). I am also going through the issue.Same story if I try with the IP address in the browser. By cons, no problems with internet explorer 8, but it do not provide access to files. Your SIN is perhaps more recent than mine. If regarding this you have any other idea then I am interested about that. So please do not forget to share it over here.

I have the same problem, because the c nas900 creates a public share, which is visibly in Windows 7 because it must go through the creation of residential groups to share files windows 7. I can work around this problem by enabling FTP on your nas900, I can even give the right to Anonymous in read / write. Then, in win 7, you open a browser windows, and you type in the address bar ftp://adresseIPnas900 and like that you can copy your files in the "public" in your disk NAS. And if you created another share style "private", you have to put a password and create the advance from the group of windows residential. I hope I was clear enough.

The best way is always pass the address bar of Windows Explorer, and if you create a shortcut, it opens your IE8 instead ... c con, but it can be around again. You just copy a shortcut to windows explorer that is in Programs / Accessories, stick it on the desktop, then right click and properties and you glue% windir% \ explorer.exe / e, ftp://adresseIP nas900 in target. You can even create a copy in your favorites, too, it will open your NAS in your windows explorer.