Thread: chroot error- "No such file or directory"

chroot error- "No such file or directory"

Hello,
    Here, I try to chroot environment to change a liveCD so I followed this tutorial

http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/personnaliser_livecd

When I was chrooted the right to a
    # Chroot system /
    chroot: cannot execute the command `/ bin / bash ': No such file or directory type

So I try
    # Chroot system / bin / bash
    chroot: cannot execute the command `/ bin / bash ': No such file or directory type

Same error.
    Does anyone have any idea? Please help me to solve my problem. Thank you very much

Re: chroot error- "No such file or directory"

The chroot command uses, among others, two system calls. First, it changes the root directory (chroot system call (2)) indicating that the directory given as argument is the root to the process current and then tries to run the program given in the second argument (function execve (2 ). In the case of a chroot system [/ bin / bash], the program will be tempted to run the / bin / bash in the new environment, ie, the control system / bin / bash and not / bin / bash you think. Indeed, when the command is executed, the / the new environment is no longer the main directory tree unix basic but the system directory / bin / bash.

You did not read carefully the link I gave you. Once chrooted, the command is / bin / sh but in the new environment. It is therefore necessary that you are in your directory, a directory "bin" containing the executable bash.

So I suggest you try the following system:
    Code:
    mkdir system/bin system/lib system/etc cp /bin/bash /bin/ls system/bin cp /lib/libacl.so.* /lib/libattr.so.* /lib/libc.so.* /lib/libdl.so.* /lib/libncurses.so.* system/lib cp /lib/libpthread.so.* /lib/librt.so.* /lib/libselinux.so.* /lib/libsepol.so.* system/lib cp /lib/ld* system/lib cp /etc/passwd /etc/group system/etc chroot system /bin/bash

It happens that the bash was in the system / bin because in fact I started a. Iso file and I copied the files in my system. It was however miss the bookstores that you provided me.

bash: / usr / bin / groups: / bin / sh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory type
    I have no name! @ abc-laptop: / #

It's already better. Looks like the environment I wanted chrooted took her hand. Maios bad interpreter is strange

Thank you again.

Hello all with each other.
    So I once again and now I'm at the point angkommen where to chroot into his gentoosytem:

chroot / mnt / gentoo / bin / bash

so with the above command If this error:

root @ ubuntu: / mnt / gentoo # chroot / mnt / gentoo / bin / bash
    chroot: it is not possible, "/ bin / bash" to execute: Error in format of the program file

How do I solve my problem. Need help.