Thread: Installing UNetbootin in Linux Mint 10

Installing UNetbootin in Linux Mint 10

From last one year I have been using Mint 10 operating system which was installed on my desktop. My system was working fine. I wanted to create live bootable USB stick but I am unaware of the steps to create it. So I came to know about “UNetbootin” software which can create live USB bootable USB. I downloaded the UNetbootin software but I am unaware of the steps to install it and therefore I need a solution which will help me in installing Mint 10 operating system.

Re: Installing UNetbootin in Linux Mint 10

UNetbootin software is used for creating bootable USB drive for different Linux platforms thus burning the CD problem are resolved. UNetbootin software can also make “frugal install” on your local hard disk if you don’t have a USB drive. UNetbootin software can load image files, /hard disk images as well as kernel files. If you have downloaded UNetbootin software then you need to follow the steps given below to perform the installation
    1. You need to start the system and login into the system as administrator.
    2. After you have successfully logged into the system then you may need to start the terminal window. You can start the terminal window by going to the Applications->Accessories->Terminal.
    3. In the terminal window you may need to type the command given below and the UNetbootin software will get installed.
      Code:
      sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gezakovacs/ppa
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get install unetbootin
    4. After typing the above command, pressing enter key from the keyboard UNetbootin software will get installed. Once the UNetbootin software is installed then you may update it by installing the update. You can update the UNetbootin software by typing the command given below:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get install unetbootin
    5. The UNetbootin software will be updated to the latest version.

I did not know the steps to do the installation steps of UNetbootin software. Thanks for providing me the solution for this problem. From the above given solution I followed each and every steps to perform the installation of UNetbootin software and the UNetbootin software was successfully installed. Also I updated the UNetbootin software with the latest version. I wanted the steps for creating live bootable USB with the help of UNetbootin software.

You can create live bootable USB with the help of UNetbootin software which helps you in the installation of new operating system without burning the CD. To create the live bootable USB you may need to follow the steps given below:
    • You may need to start the UNetbootin software which you have installed on your system.
    • In the UNetbootin software window you may need to click on “Disk image” option.
    • Now you may need to browse to the location where you have saved your Linux iso image file. You can browse to the location of the image button by clicking on the button at the extreme right.
    • You may need to click on the option named as “Show All Drives”. Now you may need to select the drive from the drop down menu. The drive you may select will be USB drive.
    • Now click on the ok button and the installation process will start. The installation process will be finished in some time and now you may need to restart the system.
    • After the system reboots then you may need to press F2 key from the keyboard to select USB drive from the boot menu.