Thread: iMac freezes on a white screen.

iMac freezes on a white screen.

I am having an iMac system at my home and using it from last few years. Now the thing here is that yesterday when I was going through some of my applications then automatically the system freeze and I was not able to do anything and the only option remained in front of me is to just to hard boot the system. And when I did that I go the apple logo and after some time the system was again freeze by giving me the white screen and nothing else. So what I should do in this case and also to solve the same.

Re: iMac freezes on a white screen.

Well the first thing that I would like you to do here is that just reinstall the operating system that you are using. I mean to say that the problem that you are getting is due to the corrupted operating system. So do one thing uninstall the operating system and then again install the latest one or the updated version of the same operating system. Make sure this time you will not commit any mistake while the installation and also take setup from a trusted source only.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem few days back and I guess you are also going through the same phase and if you really want to solve the issue then you have to just do the following:
    • First of all hold the power button for 10 seconds
    • And then you have to unplug all the cables from the system and then after keeping the system in the same condition for few minutes connect it again.
    • Now you have to again start the system now this time as the system starts you have to press P, R, CMD, and ALT keys of your keyboard until you get any sound form the motherboard. I am sure that this will help you to solve the issue.

If you are facing the same problem on regular basis then you have just contact the apple support and let them know the problem that is being faced by. So visit the apple customer support nearby and then you have to just place a complaint over there and let know the actual thing that is happening here. I am sure that that they will cooperate with you and also will help you out of this situation by solving the issue within no time.

I have gone through the system and I guess you need the driver update on the system. Actually it happens when the system is not behaving properly then the drivers are either not installed or not updated. Sop first check out whether you are installed properly or not and if not then you have to just install the same properly and if you are not having it with you then you can also download the same from the apple official sine. And if the drivers are already installed then you need to update the same.