Thread: My iMac randomly goes in sleep mode.

My iMac randomly goes in sleep mode.

I am using an iMac G5 from the last 18 months and that too the 20-inch flat monitor. Till now it has served me the best but the only problem that I have started facing recently is that the computer suddenly goes in sleep mode and that too without any warning. I mean to say that when I am using any application or busy in work then at that instance also it will go in the sleep mode. I don’t know what is wrong with the system and also unable to find out any solution for it. Actually the system should go in sleep mode when it is in the idle state but here it is totally opposite that I am getting a sleep mode even when the system is fluently working.

Re: My iMac randomly goes in sleep mode.

I think your system is been attacked by the viruses and that is why you are getting this error. Now what you have to do in this case is that just download a antivirus on your system and then install the same on it. Make sure that you are using the updated one and also the compatible antivirus on the system. So after the installation you have to scan the whole system and then the antivirus will see to it whether there is any virus in the system or not and if it is there then it will remove it directly. I hope that this will help you a lot.

I guess you need a re installation of the operating system that you are using. Actually it happens if the operating system is corrupted or not working properly then it definitely gives you such issues. So what you have to do here is that just uninstall the operating system that you are using and then again make the installation of the operating system. Make sure that then this time you are making use of the proper installation and that too the updated version of the same. I am sure that reinstalling the operating system you will get the issue solved.

I have gone through the problem and it seems to me that the problem that you are facing is due to the sleep mode of the system. Now what I want you to do here is that just keep the whole system away from it I mean that just disable the sleep mode itself and then see how it goes. I am sure that once the sleep mode is disabled then you will not get any issue. But keep one thing in mind that if you are disabling the sleep mode then lots of power will be wasted if the system is idle so I will suggest you to turn off the monitor when the system is idle.

I guess you have to reset the SMU to solve this problem. The SMU is nothing but the system management unit it is the micro controller chip which is located at the logic board and that controls all the power function. So what you have to do here is that just if the system is facing a power issues on your system then it is confirmed that the SMU have some changes in the settings. And in your case it is confirmed that the problem is related with the power management only. Now using the SMU you can change the time of the system to be go in sleep mode. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue that you are facing.