Thread: Linux Mint Update failing to download repository indexes

Linux Mint Update failing to download repository indexes

Having a bit of a problem with Mint Update; it will work for the majority repositories actually all apart from this one exacting one. But while hitting update or sudo apt-get update returns the similar results. I receive:
    Code:
    W: unsuccessful to fetch “site-path” not capable to discover expected entry universe/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file.
     E: Some index files unsuccessful to download, they have been unnoticed, or old ones utilized in its place.
    Linux Mint 9: running behind a work proxy that works well for the whole thing else.

Re: Linux Mint Update failing to download repository indexes

Basically, Linux Mint does not have an Isadora universe repo, and require being detached as a result. To fix; edit your '/etc/apt/sources. list' file you will require sudo access else it will be read just to eliminate the universe or multiversity entry for any Linux mint or Isadora entries. If you are running Linux Mint KDE, or otherwise cannot discover any state of Linux Mint and Universe/Multiverse in your sources.list file, then ensure "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mintkde.list" and "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mint.list" they might be attached to a reflect in its place

I have been got this similar error for a few of days. I attempted an alternative repository but no dissimilarity. Error message is:
    Code:
    W: Failed to fetch site-name not capable to discover expected entry universe/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file,
     E: a few index files unsuccessful to download, they have been unnoticed, or old ones used instead.
    This is established in the 'information' window
    ++ Connection to the Internet successful, attempted to read http://www.google.com
    ++ Successfully downloaded novel protection rules by means of proxy: None
    -- Error in checkAPT.py, could not revive the list of packages
    ++ The mint Update window is unlocked, skipping auto refresh

Today I am still receiving this same one. While I tell mint Update to refresh. This does not make sense, there has to be a bit either incorrect with mint Update, or the repositories. I have been receiving not anything but errors for a few of weeks now, and I have not been tinkering with anything in my sources or anything For the primary few days I was thinking the servers were sluggish, or down or something, but currently I am receiving type of annoyed because I am not getting any updates. I am also confused that this is not receiving a flood of reports.

I cannot say more about this, I mean about your issue but here I must want say that, this looks to be a trouble with more than only Linux Mint. I newly attempted to update a copy of Ultimate Edition on my desktop and Ubuntu Netbook on my Netbook and obtained the similar precise error message. It seems something possibly incorrect with the Ubuntu repositories?