Thread: Windows 7 network drives with SBS 2003

Windows 7 network drives with SBS 2003

I am facing problem while using windows 7 in conjunction with SBS 2003. If I am connecting the network drive with the windows 7 client and then start it, everything seems to be normal. I mean to say that it can be accessed normally without any problem. But sometime in indefinable time interval it becomes inactive; it displays Red Cross for all the network drives. Now if I click on the windows explorer then drives becomes available again. Now the problem is that if they are inactive then it means that these drives are disconnected and cannot be accessible. Is there anyone else who is facing similar kind of issue or have the solution for the same. Wali

Re: Windows 7 network drives with SBS 2003

What security software you are running on your small business server and windows 7 client. According to the explanation you are giving, it seems that your server is causing the problem or any software that you are using on your SBS is causing the problem. I think that you must check the firewall settings of your system and the security software that you are using. You can also check the value for the servers. Check for these settings and let me the outcome for that. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

Thank you for the reply that you have given, I have checked the security settings for my SBS server. I have also checked for the network card drivers and these drivers are also working fine. I mean to say that these things are working. But there is no effect on the problem that I am facing. The drives will continue at the Windows 7 clients sometimes appear as "disconnected network drive". Guriff is possible but the "name" Z: \ share "to server does not show up. If you have any other advice for solving the issue then please let me know.

If you have checked the driver settings and also checked the network card for this purpose then you should not face this problem. Have you altered the settings for the server, I mean to say that have you set the disconnect = 1 on your server for any kind of operation. Because if you have done this in your SBS then you will definitely face the problem related to your network drive. It will be better if you check the power setting in the properties of the network cards on the client side. I am sure that after checking for things you will not face any other issues.

The drivers are up to date even with the clients; I think it is this is a bug or a problem similar to what verrursacht between SBS 2003 and Windows 7. Group Policy to misconfiguration or missing is not interred not go out, a Windows server should actually no "special Pull-up" in a position to be a FS the client to make available. It occurs under WIN XP, the problem is definitely not on the server. It affects only the Windows 7 clients. Disconnect -1 is clearly set on the server. Power settings on the network map, it is unfortunately not well tested. I will test these things and will let you know about other details.

If all the drivers are updated then you should give a call to Microsoft for this problem and if it is a bug then should demand money back from Microsoft. Do you have the two settings from the GPO and if you have not done that then what is the reason for that. Have you decided which checked settings have to be rechecked for getting rid of this problem? To take over the GPO were indeed the network drives at start "green" composites after you have clicked on the LW, but it have been separated according to the series again even though the access is possible at least in the Explorer. In this state, but also in the registry under CURRENT USER \ NETWORK LW no longer there.