Thread: Import and Export book marks while upgrading Linux Mint

Import and Export book marks while upgrading Linux Mint

I am going to upgrade Linux Mint 9 to Linux Mint 10. I am currently using Mozilla Firefox in to my computer. I am having around 80 book marks in my browser. I don’t want to lose those book marks during the up gradation process of the operating system. Is there any safe way to solve my problem? Please reply me if you have any clue to solve my problem. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Re: Import and Export book marks while upgrading Linux Mint

Well I was also having the same problem when I wanted to upgrade my operating system. While searching on the Google It was suggested by the user into one forum that you should form home partition on your hard disk where you can save all the vital information and settings of the computer. When you finished with the up gradation process you can restore all the information to your computer.

You have to carry out following steps to fix your problem. First of all you have to go for Book marks in to Firefox. Now click on the Organize and now you have to click on the Import and Backup. Next you have to click on the Export HTML. Now you have to select desired folder to save all the information. I hope above mentioned steps will solve your problem. Please let me know if the solution worked for you or not.

Thanks for replying all of you. I have successfully imported and exported through Firefox add on. I am really satisfied with the solution that you have provided me. I want to say thank you to everyone who replied me. I will suggest this solution to my all friends if they required. I really want to appreciate your efforts that you have put in. Thanking you again for providing such a clever solution!