Thread: OpenSuse vs. Debian

OpenSuse vs. Debian

I have just setup Debian, and I am containing a trouble with it. I cannot add one more typing language. Alternatively, with OpenSuSe, I am containing troubles with applications and the ones I setup don't show up on the menu. I am as well as extremely fresh Linux user and I have just utilized Windows earlier. If there is a distro that better suits my requirements, let me know. I have previously attempted Linux Mint and Kubuntu also, but I don't like them.

Re: OpenSuse vs. Debian

By entering language, do you mean programming language or person language? Both are in the repositories, but will require far additional information from you. This is a quite tricky query, as I have no idea actually what you are appearing for. The over person recommended that as a fine place to start and will recommend the similar. Is there an exacting function or desktop or something else you require or what is the genuine necessitate which has not been expressed? Finding a Linux distro has lots of facets and the best that I can do is offer ideas. Hope that assists.

The quizzes at the 'Which distro?' are kind of a weird. The primary gives me 100 percent to a half, and 90 percent to what is left. The other one is not extremely exact. I observed that both recommended OpenSuSe, but I am still not very certain about it. Debian is a strong steady Operating system and that is accurately what I was looking for in Linux. Now all I do is to get used to it is tricky nature, and Linux weird file system. And, by typing language I clearly mean a human language. I am attempting to mess around with Debian for now; possibly I will setup SuSE later.

Microsoft installation automatically installs many craps of which the user is ignorant. Linux has a least installation for operation, and subsequent crap as the user makes extra choices. I sprint SuSE LXDE on an old laptop and SuSE KDE on my desktop. On the other hand, a newbie may locate Knoppix a rewarding primary distro. The drawback for users migrating from years of Microsoft is actually the "starting over”. If you had slowly appeared at your installation alternatives 90percent of what you currently require would have been installed. Don't despair, your are building an environment custom made for your requirements. I will be happy to assist without any SuSE queries.