Thread: Moving Mozilla Firefox close tab button to left on Linux Mint 10

Moving Mozilla Firefox close tab button to left on Linux Mint 10

Recently I have installed Mint 10 operating system in another drive on my desktop which was already having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on it. Last night I updated my Kaspersky antivirus with the latest update. I am having Mozilla Firefox browser installed on my system which is very excellent browser. I want to customize my Mozilla browser such as I want to move the close tab button in my Mozilla to the left side but I am unaware of the steps to do it. I need a solution which will help me in customizing the Mozilla browser without any problem.

Re: Moving Mozilla Firefox close tab button to left on Linux Mint 10

Linux Mint 10 operating system comes with preinstalled Mozilla Firefox browser in it. You can also customize the Mozilla browser according to your requirements. If you want to move the close tab button in Mozilla browser to the left then you can easily do it. To change the close tab button you may need to start the terminal window by going to the Applications/ Accessories and select terminal window. In the terminal window you may need to type the command given below and press the enter key from the keyboard.
    Code:
    .tabs-closebutton {float: left !important}
    This command will move the close tab button in the Mozilla browser to the left side.

I did not know the steps to customize the Mozilla Firefox browser such as I wanted to move the close tab button of the Mozilla browser to the left side. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have tried to change the close tab button by typing the above given command but could not succeed. My close tab button has not been moved to the left side of the Mozilla Firefox browser. I need another solution through which I can change the location of close tab button to the left side of the Mozilla browser.

If the above solution has failed thus the close button has not been shifted then in that case you can troubleshoot this problem and use the below given code to move the close tab button.
    1. You may need to install add-on for Mozilla Firefox browser.
    2. You can install the Mozilla Firefox add-on by clicking on choose Add-ons > Extensions > Tab Mix Plus > Preferences > Display > Tab > under "Show on Tab" > from the Mozilla Firefox window.
    3. You may need to click on the "place on left side" button checkbox and the close tab button will be moved to the left side.