Thread: Registry leak after installing NIS 2011

Registry leak after installing NIS 2011

I have just got my PC back from renovate later than it was hacked, which I believe was the result of Norton 2011 causing registry leak, and deteriorating to work correctly. Technician installed factory pre-installed version Norton internet security 2009 while repaired and it has been running correctly last pair of days whilst utilizing 2009, no errors or warnings in event viewer, but currently I just checked event viewer later than deciding to download Norton internet security 2011 and I am receiving the below again:
    Windows spotted your registry files still in exercise by other applications or services. The file will be currently unloaded; the applications or services which maintain your registry file may not work correctly afterwards.

Re: Registry leak after installing NIS 2011

I am running Microsoft Windows XP, SP3 and received the 18.5 patch on December 19, while it was primary released. My Event Viewer shows the similar occasions as you are exposure up to that date and not anything since, so 18.5 should resolve this for you while it is made presented once again. The previous entries are exposed as warnings and are not shown as the more grave errors. I not at all experienced any troubles with shutdowns or anything else. Based on these practices I would agree with someone’s explanation that these are not grave events and will not create any unfavorable effects. It appears to be a slight problem that Windows is noting at shutdown only, and should have no result on your defense, or something else.

While I took my PC in for repair, the so called technician managed to someway screw Windows updates up. I attempted to reinstall the unsuccessful Windows updates he had attempted to install but Windows updates just kept screening no updates required, on physically scanning, and event viewer was showing that there was a trouble connecting to the Windows update server to automatically download updates. I establish the patches that had unsuccessful and attempted to update them physically as individual updates, but it just said updates not necessary for my system. I knew numerous unsuccessful updates were vital and relevant to my system so I ran the Secunia scanner and it confirmed what I previously believed, that there were actually important updates misplaced from my system. Anyway to cut a long story short, I downloaded Belarc Advisor that reported the troubles and provided me links to the patches, and it seems the whole thing is advanced now. The majority of the patches were associated to Microsoft Office 2007.

I was downloading from Windows update, and the majority of the patches were security associated, but I clicked on a link inside Belarc advisor which was Microsoft update. I think that the installed version of Office 2007 was corrupted anyway, so may have been causing troubles, anyway there was obviously a problem with Microsoft automatic updates not functioning correctly as noted in Event viewer, but later than following the link in Belarc advisor and applying the patches, all emerges to be functioning excellent now.

To the extent that I can view event viewer is no extended exposure a registry escape, and I think it must have only take place in the event viewer previous to me running the live update and regenerating my PC for the patch to be functional. It is good to know that the present version currently resolves the problem though. As for my PC being hacked, I know the technician that seemed at my PC said there was a insect in my HP advisor program, and it appears from Secunia advisories that there has been a few grave security problems with the program which could have resulted in my PC being hacked.