Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Use Of Brug Grub2 In Linux Mint

Operating Systems

Old 03-01-2011

Use Of Brug Grub2 In Linux Mint

I have been just started making the use of Linux Mint and have been using it for all the purpose of the works and also for the internet and all the other stuffs. I just wanted to get the information of the new grub that is being released for the newer version and also for the older version. I have no idea for what the grub is being used for the system of the Linux the only thing that I know is that they can be used along with the system of the Linux and also with many of the other systems those who support the feature of the Grub in it. I just wanted to get the information of the new release of the Grub called the Brug Grub 2. Please tell me that what is the use of the brug Grub 2 in the system that is being used by me.

Old 03-01-2011

Re: Use Of Brug Grub2 In Linux Mint

Basically many of the peoples have attempted this and have mostly failed in it because of the lack of the connectivity and some of the files of the system of the Mint didnít supported it. So the installation did not worked for most of the people who were trying to install the Grub 2 in the system of the Mint. The best thing is that you should only go with the older version of the Grub that can provide better functionality then any of the other file systems.
Old 03-01-2011

If the newer version of the Grub is not working then you can just try the steps that are given below for the removal of the files that are present in the system and then you can just follow the steps that is quite easy and also simple:
At the start you have to install the older version of the Grub that is being used for the 97Beta. And also it is that you can just make the use of the 98 Grub that is said to be common for the files that are being used for it. You can also make the use of grub-PC deb package that you can just make use of it from the Debian FTP.
Old 03-01-2011

You can just make the use of the install list of the files in which you can get through use of the edit source. List file and also it is that you can get the details of the open terminal that you will get from the Applications and accessories and also for the making of the terminal and also you can just make the use of the sudo gedit and also it is that you can get the source.list and also add the following files to the file option and then just save it by giving it some of the file names for it.
Old 03-01-2011

And also it is that you have to make use of the files that are said to be the used for the manually adjusting the files and also they are just said to be used for the other files to. This is important whether you have to make use of the GPG keys and also for the use of the files for it, for the addition of the files in it:
Code:
Add GPG key:
gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv 55708F1EE06803C5
gpg --export --armor 55708F1EE06803C5 | sudo apt-key add -
update and install:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grub-pc
After that you have to make use of the new startup code into MBR:
sudo grub-install "(hd0)"
This files are said to be important and I think it is said to be the best for the use of the files and also it can be seen that the Linux Mint is said to be the only system that supports the little bit factor of the files and also for the system of the files that can be sued for it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,