Thread: Linux Mint 10: Not able to find a medium containing the live file system

Linux Mint 10: Not able to find a medium containing the live file system

I am Just Annoying to setup Linux Mint 10 RC on my VAIO P15G. Formatted a FAT32 USB drive, slapped it with Mint 10 RC iOS via UNetbootin. Plugged in to my Vaio, started again, goes to UNetbootin page. Pushed default, wait, Linux Mint 10 comes up, and after that this appears: “Not able to find a medium containing the live file system" I have goggled and read that it is something incorrect with the Ubuntu market release itself, just wondering if anybody has came across and handled to repair this trouble?

Re: Linux Mint 10: Not able to find a medium containing the live file system

The most recent version of Gparted is supposed to be able to correctly align and partition SSDs, that and Microsoft Windows 7. Legacy partitioning tools unluckily don't recognize the method the sectors are placed out. Confirm with the maker of your SSD regarding the specs. Mainly the majority of SSDs have a position size of 130 sectors totaling 65 Kb. If it is not your Vaio, Did you comprise way in to a Linux box for placing Mint on your USB flash drive utilizing the USB maker package? One time you setup it utilize the USB Startup Disk Creator from the menu, after that only browse to the iOS and the USB flash drive. You could as well primary attempt to format your USB Flash Drive with the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool on a Windows PC. You might as well primary run HDD Low Level Format tool on the USB flash drive. Obviously later than that you will have to partition it, attempt Gparted utilizing a boot CD likes Parted Magic maybe, it can be loaded onto an USB drive for booting. Or just utilize the Windows Logical Disk Manager MSC thing.

I don't pretty recognize, so you mean partition may have been misaligned while I installed OSX previously? And misaligning will direct to Ubuntu or Mint not capable to boot? On a side note, I understand that occasionally my Linux won't boot and I have to put in Windows utilizing disk part the volume to active earlier than I can boot off the USB. I enclose an Ubuntu 10.10 VM on my desktop. I have attempted making from there and it didn't work, but I will attempt it now. The steps to format the USB drive are to make sure that it works?

Well, it could be for a few causes the installer cannot increase your USB flash drive that is hardware driver problem. What type of USB flash drive is it and can you attempt a dissimilar flash drive? As well, don't forget one time you add or eliminate partitions, like Microsoft Windows 7 your drive numbering will modify, so ensure your boot access on the flash drive and amend accordingly. Anyway, to elucidate, did you just boot with your Mint USB flash drive to the Live CD setting, or did you truly setup Mint completely on the drive of your Vaio? Yes, the HP tool is to make certain your USB flash drive is not tainted.

Does the Mint USB setup need a partition on the hard drive just to boot into the Live CD surroundings? It does not make sense to me. I am only booting the Mint LiveCD surroundings, so there is no trouble with my hard drives right? Except the LiveCD unsuccessful to read my partition configuration which windows 7 has shaped. What can I do to modify the boot design of my Mint USB setup? I booted to the LiveCD, and setup it. Now my Vaio has a 30 GB Mint and 40 GB idle. While I have Windows 7 in my hard drive Mint Live USB no longer boots. I think it is improved to setup Windows primary after that Linux so I did not attempt installing Windows later than Mint.