Thread: Can't burn CD on Mint 10

Can't burn CD on Mint 10

Recently I have upgraded my operating system from Mint 9 to Mint 10. Also I have updated the operating system by downloading and installing latest update patches from the manufacturer’s website. I am having CD player burner and a DVD player burner for creating CD and DVD’s. DVD player burner works fine but I am facing problems while creating any CD with the help of CD player burner. My CD player burner says the disc is full and it won’t allow me to burn to it. When I use CD player burner on my windows platform then it works fine but it won’t work on Mint 10 platform and therefore I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Can't burn CD on Mint 10

If you using some CD player burner software for creating CD on Linux platform then first you should make sure that the disc is empty. Also while adding files you should make sure that the files you want to burn to CD must not exceed the CD storage capacity. If the files you want to burn to the CD exceeds the disc capacity then it will display you an error message saying “The disc is full and insert a new disc and try again”. Before burning the files to disc you should make sure that it won’t exceed the size of the disc. If it exceeds then you will get an error message and the burning process will be halted.

I was facing problem while burning the CD such that my CD player burner software displays me an error message i.e. “The disc is full and insert a new disc and try again”. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I inserted a new CD into my CD-ROM drive and then started to add files in CD player burner which I want to burn. While adding the files I checked the capacity so that it won’t exceed the storage disc capacity and my CD was successfully burned without any problem. Also I want to know if there is some CD burning software through which will help me in burning CD on Linux platform without any error.

There are many software available which you can use to burn CD/DVD on Linux platform without any problems. One of the software named as “Brasero” which will help you in creating data disc. Brasero is a free disc-burning program which runs on the Linux operating system platforms which has a graphical interface and comes with many of inbuilt tools. Brasero is a freeware utility available which helps you in creating data disc easily.

If you are facing problem while creating data disc on Linux platform then in that case you can make use of “K3b” software. K3b is a CD/DVD authoring application which runs on the Linux platforms. K3b also has a user interface which will help to perform CD/DVD burning tasks like creating an Audio CD from a set of audio files or as well as more advanced tasks such as making bootable disc which will help in installing operating system. We can also create iso image files and it also helps us in ripping audio CDs, Video CDs, Video DVDs etc and many more.