Thread: Random shutdown of Laptop When installing Linux Mint

Random shutdown of Laptop When installing Linux Mint

I have been making the use of the HP laptops since long and now just have planned to install set-up file of the Linux Mint in it. And also I am making use of the other laptop called the Gateway Solo laptop that is being a little older one compared to the new HP laptop. I was just trying out the installation of the operating system of the Linux Mint Daryna and tried it out whether it works out for me or not. Also I have managed the files of the Ubuntu in the system that is being used by me. And I have made use of the Ubuntu Gutsy in the system that I was just telling you out and also I have made use of the alternative CD for the similar purpose of the work being done. But I have come up with the problem that each time when I just come up to 94% during the installation the message that is being displayed is “detecting hardware” and then the computer shuts down automatically. Please lend me a proper solution as to what kind of the problem is being faced by me and also the proper solution for it.

Re: Random shutdown of Laptop When installing Linux Mint

To fix this issues you got to make use of the Live CD that can be successfully used for the booting of the system that is being currently used by you. And you can also perform the action of blacklisting the drivers that are being done by just performing the actions of the writing of the code that is being given down:
    Code:
    sudo rmmod iTCO_wdt
    sudo rmmod iTCO_vendor_support
    sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    After the blacklisting of the drivers have been done, then you can just follow the steps that are given below, and also this command is said to be used for the opening of the editor that is from blacklist file and then follow up with the two lines of the code that is just being given down:
    Code:
    blacklist iTCO_wdt
    blacklist iTCO_vendor_support
    This will help you out for the purpose of the removal of the shutdown of the Laptop that is being used by you, and all the issues will remove out easily.

The other thing that you can just make use of is that of the saving of the command that you have just used it before the system starts to get to the shutting of the mode. And also the other thing is that you can just save the files and then you can just make it run it again and then you can just see that the files are just working for it or not. The use of the Live CD is the best of the options that can be used for the solving of the issue that is of the shutting of the computer.

And also you can just see that the issue will also be of the files that being used for the Ubuntu operating system, because there are some of the files that are not supporting the files of the Linux Mint and hence it leads to the issue which is being shown in the form of the shutting of the computer system that is being used by it. I have been using the Ubuntu along with the connection of the Ethernet to it but still while the installation, of any of the other files the problem have not been raised. So I just started making use of the Dericks boot and nuke and now when the Linux is being played in the Live CD mode it is working out perfectly file without any of the issues.

Laptops are said to be the one of the best of the devices that can be sued for the purpose of the installation of the files and also for the installation of the operating system of the Linux Mint. Sometimes it happen that the internal system might be having the problem with it and also the hardware will not be compatible with the files that are being used when you are just making use of the files for the installation of the Linux that is being used for the system that is being used by you. And also it may be that the portable might be having the issues that are being connected to the system that you are just making use of.