Thread: Linux Mint 10 fails to boot from Live CD

Linux Mint 10 fails to boot from Live CD

I was having Microsoft Windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. Last night while browsing the internet there was virus attack on my system due to this virus attack my operating system files got corrupted. So I thought of installing Mint 10 which is a Linux operating system. I used live CD software for installing Mint 10 but while using Live CD I was facing problem. The live CD menu starts, but when I choose to install then it crashes. I need a solution for this problem so that can troubleshoot it and install Mint 10 operating system without any problem. Also give me a solution about software available through which I can install Mint 10 operating easily.

Re: Linux Mint 10 fails to boot from Live CD

Just as we using Nero software on Windows platform, which helps us in creating CD and DVD’s, we can use Live CD software on Linux platform through which we can create Linux operating system for the installation of Linux system’s. If you want to create a bootable CD for the installation of new Linux operating system and you are using Live CD. Suppose you have started to create CD with the Live CD and if it crashes then there might be a possibility that the disc you are using might be corrupted.

While burning the CD with any software you should verify its settings. If you are using Linux platform operating system then you can create bootable CD with the help of Live CD software. While burning a CD to make it bootable so that we can install a new operating system if the Live CD crashes then you should verify the settings. Also it is recommended that you should burn the CD at the slowest possible setting to ensure a proper image burn. If the settings are correct then you will never face any problems.

If you want to make a bootable CD on Linux platform then you can use Live CD software. With the help of Live CD software you can create bootable disc. If the Live CD software crashes then in that case you can make use of software with which you can create bootable CD. K3b is software which runs on Linux platform. The K3b software provides a graphical user interface to perform most CD/DVD burning tasks like creating an Audio CD from a set of audio files or copying a CD/DVD, as well as more advanced tasks such as making bootable operating system CD/DVDs etc. and many more.

If you have created bootable Linux Mint 10 CD with the help of Live CD software and now you are installing Linux Mint 10 and if it fails then there might be a possibility that the operating system might not be upgraded. You must now upgrade your system so that after upgrading the system you can install Mint 10 operating system without any problem. You can upgrade the system by downloading and installing upgrade from the manufacturer website.