Thread: Mint 9 to 10 Upgrade by means of Apt

Mint 9 to 10 Upgrade by means of Apt

Hello friends, I had recently been upgraded from Linux Mint 9 to Julia. The whole thing appears to have went well apart from mint desktop getting updated. I repeatedly observe that "mintdesktop" has an update accessible in the Update Manager. Whenever I attempt to set up it, I acquire the subsequent error that: E: /var/cache/apt/archives/mintdesktop_3.2.2_all.deb: there is no script in the latest edition of the package - giving up. Anybody recognize what I can do regarding receiving mintdesktop updated from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2? please Help

Re: Mint 9 to 10 Upgrade by means of Apt

I was also facing the problem with this kind of the error. but I got the answer for it by having lots of search on the Web. What I did is just run the given code.
    Code:
    Code: Select all
    sudo cp /etc/gdm/PostLogin/mintDesktop.tmp /etc/gdm/PostLogin/Default
    this code helped me to overcome with this kind of the problem. Let me inform whether this code help you out or not.

I don’t comprise a lot of information concerning your difficulty however at this time I should say that or I can recommend you several tip which might be supportive to you in future. As a result I would perform a clean set up myself although just later on than I backed up my Hard Disk in several cases this is a important jump forward in editions. You should too recognize the Kernel has altered in those times.

Quote Originally Posted by teena_pansare View Post
    I was also facing the problem with this kind of the error. but I got the answer for it by having lots of search on the Web. What I did is just run the given code.
    Code:
    Code: Select all
    sudo cp /etc/gdm/PostLogin/mintDesktop.tmp /etc/gdm/PostLogin/Default
    this code helped me to overcome with this kind of the problem. Let me inform whether this code help you out or not.
    Thank you very much. I performed the above given code as you suggested. TI was bit helpful foe me. It set the difficulty with this. I recognize it was not severe but hopeless it was irritating. But my friend had this issue as well, for him it worked to solve the mintdesktop-3.2.2 difficulty when dist-upgraded from Mint 9.0 though it also caused the kernel.

I am going to carry out a clean set up. Each of my files is lying on an external drive. I did a Google hunt for mint recover and begin a hardly any tutorials however far moreover greatly steps , that have a not many possible Gotha’s, for a novel Linux user. Nice stuff although still kind of multifaceted for someone approaching in from windows. I include talked to a few Linux users where I reside and they suggest doing the clean set up. If somewhat goes wrong, I could expend some times in the forums annoying to obtain things correct. Sometime the software will be an uncertain tip for the greater part of users as the entire thing is departing to touchpad tablet objects. Now the mechanical individuals will be caught up in software. I know several Linux is assistant work and I do understand those who have left previous to remain this thing going.