Thread: Will Linux Mint 11 follow the Ubuntu way

Will Linux Mint 11 follow the Ubuntu way

It appears that there is a blueprint to ship Ubuntu 11.04 with agreement as a default desktop and it has been accepted by Shuttle worth. This means it will not become just a default for Netbooks any longer. What will Mint 11 do? Pursue the Ubuntu way further? Obtain KDE as chief DE? Or switch to Debian as base immediate or something else? I don't like the complete Unity DE thing and the means Ubuntu goes so I wish Mint will get one more turn somehow.

Re: Will Linux Mint 11 follow the Ubuntu way

Later than reading this threat, I was a slight surprised, no more Gnome? So I have read several articles I have establish on the Internet, and if I have comprehend it the right way. Unity is just replacing Gnome-Shell, but not Gnome it-self. So Ubuntu 11.04 will still utilize Gnome but with their own Shell, as well Unity. So why not. What does it mean for Mint? I feel there will not be huge changes, as Mint goes with their one Desktop, previously a dissimilar way as Ubuntu. Now while Ubuntu 11.04 comes with gnome 3.0 and Unity as shell, Mint has the choice:
    1. Utilize Unity also
    2. Utilize the Gnome Shell
    3. Maintain the classic Desktop on Gnome 3.0, so it is like a better Gnome2 without too many visual changes.

And for Mint 12, the World would be clearer, because than we observe, which plan will be more accepted by the users, and Gnome3 will be more enhanced. I hope Gnome create a improved change as KDE did.

While I primarily starting utilizing Linux it was with KDE and I could not at all get a grip on it, after that I exposed Gnome and life got improved, after that I establish Ubuntu while it initial went public. I in progress utilizing it hopping a few but all the time returning, after that I establish LM, I still hope a slight but all in all I like what Clem and the boys have made and I am not genuine certain regarding the way the Ubuntu is taken. I was truly agitated while LM came out with LMDE and has it on 2 of my 3 machines with LM9 on the 3rd. So I think that as LMDE persists on its path I will be glad and maybe won't make dissimilarity to me what Ubuntu and mainstream LM does. Not actual certain what Unity is, from the conversation it is what Ubuntu is prosecuting on their Netbook remix and I am not an admirer of that at all. I have a Netbook and it means to cutie for me. I favor function to cute so I utilize LMDE straight up on it.

It is possible that Mint might not be in the similar market as Ubuntu nor have the similar anxieties regarding brand recognition and status, not be so worried regarding windows Operating system matchups or integration.
    1. Lets have Linux lead solitary
    2. for Netbook fans, there are previously ample of cloud computing or trivial desktops, which don't follow Ubuntu trends.
      Is Linux mint that involved in Netbook, cloud computing mix?
    3. not all that much up to now: they appear to have sufficient to do providing different desktop circulation flavors, and currently that they as well have LMDE, they can, if essential avoid the majority of Ubuntu’s repeated micro-management improvements ?

I newly installed Unity on my Ubuntu 10.10 desktop. It seems cool, slick, and refined. But it clearly wants a few works, as it runs much slower than the Gnome desktop, as a minimum on my machine. Shuttle worth is doing this because he thinks the desktop days are figured and Linux has unsuccessful to rise in 10 years of deception around with Gnome and KDE. I know few of the providers to these posts do not provide a fig if Linux rises but Shuttle worth acts and Ubuntu is his to call the shots. This novel way is geared to the hand held PC, Netbooks and tablets. In addition, it is intended to be striking to the generation of people which have grown up utilizing these devices, and they have deserted their parents' desktops. Big buttons and changeable workspaces on the screen are what they like. It seems Shuttle worth is doing usability investigate. He has the wealth to get this done right. I would not bet next to him.