Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Calendar position in Linux Mint

Operating Systems

Old 02-01-2011

Calendar position in Linux Mint

I don?t know where the problem is. Well I am having Linux Mint installed into my system. My calendar appears half into the screen and half out of the screen even I am unable to move the calendar. I don?t know why it is happening? Whether it happening due to hardware problem or there is some serious issue with the Linux Mint. I tried with every that I could be. Is there any solution for this situation? Please tell me as soon as possible.

Old 02-01-2011

Re: Calendar position in Linux Mint

I am having some solution for you that might work in your situation so I am suggesting you to try same. Into compiz select the ?Place Windows?. Now go for ?Fixed Window Placement? where you have to search for ?Windows with fixed positions? box and now click on ?New?. You have to choose + from the ?positioned windows box?. You have to select ?Window name? from ?Type?. You have to enter ?clock-applet? in to ?value? now click on add. You have to select furthest away x and y position to the right. You have to check on ?Keep in work-area? and I think using above mentioned steps your problem would be fixed. Please feel free to contact if you have any query about the above mentioned solution.
Old 02-01-2011

Well I was having the same problem that you have mentioned above and I was really frustrated with this. I tried lot of trick and tweaks to fix my problem. Yesterday morning I was playing with dock and accidently found that the calendar will take position itself if the panel is positioned at the top of the screen. Just check it out what is the position of the panel in your case and let me know about the same.
Old 02-01-2011

I don?t know have any suggestion for your problem but I can tell you some step that will make your calendar appear when you click on the date in panel. I have right click the mouse button on the panel so the context menu appears like Add to panel, Properties and so on. Now you have to click on the Add to panel. Now you have to select Clock to add. I am really apologies since I am unable to give you any solution
Old 02-01-2011

I don?t know whether the solution is available or not for the Linux Mint. But you can fix your problem if you are using Ubuntu. You can Use PanelRestore program to solve your problem. Well as pert my knowledge it?s a small program that can be used to restore Ubuntu panels. Well another thing that you can do with PanelRestore to restore and backup the existing configurations of the panel. It is available for free on the internet. Just try it if you are using Ubuntu.
Old 03-01-2011

If all the above solutions are not working for you then you can contact the developers through various communication media. You may get technical support from them via telephone. Still the issue is not resolved then you can directly write to the developer for your issue. They will remove the bug from the code and let you know with the updated version of the program. Well it is the most trustworthy solution for you.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,