Thread: Linux Mint not installing latest Nvidia driver

Linux Mint not installing latest Nvidia driver

I am used to wit the Windows 7 operating system and now I am running Linux Mint for the first time on this machine. It got installed without any problem and when I tried to install the drivers for my Nvidia graphic card then Linux Mint have installed the 172.24 version of it. When I checked it on an official website of the Nvidia then the latest version was 260.19. I just want to ask you that why Linux Mint is not installing the latest drivers for this graphic card?

Re: Linux Mint not installing latest Nvidia driver

I think the version of Nvidia drivers that you have checked on its official website would be for windows operating system. You must be knowing the difference between the drivers of the Windows operating system and Linux operating system. I guess the Linux have installed the latest drivers only on your machine as whatever it has detected from the source. I suggest you not to worry about the version as you should directly try using it and reply if you find any problem regarding the graphics.

Following the new installation of linux mint 9, there is a conflict with the recommended driver NVDIA my graphics card and the system launch plymouth. I would like to know if nvidia has developed other drivers and when it will be in the update system. I hope it will not wait for the mint version 10 for the update. While reading a blog about linux mint it seemed it had a plan for a linux mint which is updated regularly once installed so not every six months a new installation. A mint would like archilinux where once installed the regular updates occur.

When the owner Nvidia drivers are enabled there are worries display of Plymouth is "normal." The solution is here . Normally for your problem you should simply apply the tutorial from the title "Plymouth displays an image" runny ". If you are considering using burg you will have some minor display problems again with Plymouth. It will apply the method to file for grub burg.