Thread: Missing Video Thumbnails from Windows 7

Missing Video Thumbnails from Windows 7

Hello friends, I am having the issue in my Windows 7 that my Video thumbnails is currently been disappeared and I have come to learn that its more than likely from me by chance removing the Shmedia.dll file through an additional program uninstall. When I ensure it after some time those files are disappeared. Is there somewhere I want this file as a result my thumbnails will work correctly another time? Please help me. Thanks in advance

Re: Missing Video Thumbnails from Windows 7

If the problem takes place simply after unintentionally removing the Shmedia.dll file, then you re-register the dll file and verify if that repairs the problem. For re-registering the shmedia.dll file, you should follow the given steps: 1. initially you have to click to the Start button on the task bar, after that type cmd, right-click and choose Run as administrator. 2. Make use of the subsequent command to set up the file shmedia.dll file: regsvr32 shmedia.dll. Hope this re-installing of the shmedia.dll file repair the thumbnail problems.

I also have been having this difficulty with the video thumbnails, it use to do not show on any of my video files. I also then tried re-registering the shmedia.dll as suggested by you and when I make use to run the dll, it tells me that registering succeeded however the thumbnails still don't display. Nevertheless, re-registering the shimgvw.dll works although it not shmedia.dll. I am thinking the dll itself perhaps lost but I don't identify how to ensure that.

In case those thumbs are lost, the problem would be several modifies you would have completed on your system. Have you tried to click on to the box to modify the view or else did you generate any alteration in your folder settings. Initially you have a click on the Start option, in that click the Control Panel, you will get the Folder Options in that, in folder option go to the view option, click the Hidden files and folders choose show hidden files, folder and drives. Also try an attempt to modify the outlook to Large Icons or Extra Large Icons to activate it back.

Verify to check if the details push button on the left hand side of explorer is pointing down. If it is then press also such kind of cases. Have you disable it or somewhat? There is a pair of stuff you could do, however if you did not particularly disable it and you're the simply one with access to the machine, then you could try do a system restore. To the final time that it worked. But prior to that try this: toggle to Classic's view and restart the machine. After that toggle back to Aero on restart and observe if the thumbnail preview problem is preset. If not, then disable it and re-enable it back and then check if that determines the problem.