Thread: Media Center unable to configure my XBOX 360 after freezing up in the initial attempt

Media Center unable to configure my XBOX 360 after freezing up in the initial attempt

Hello friends, I had now just upgraded to Windows 7 Pro from Windows XP Pro and determined to try the Media Center with my Xbox 360. When setting it up as an extender for the initial time, I put in the code and my computer hangs up after a few minute. I then kept it like that for an half hour but the round progress pointer had blocked and the HDD glow had stopped sparkling, so I did a hard reset. After that, typing the 8 digit installation key gives up the similar reply all time: "an error was encountered while configuring your computer for use with this Extender." Help me.

Re: Media Center unable to configure my XBOX 360 after freezing up in the initial attempt

I recommend you to stop the anti-virus or firewall program that is functioning on your system and verify if the difficulty still takes place. Note that ever since several anti-virus programs will reason unanticipated request differences, please momentarily immobilize some anti-virus, Firewall, or anti-spam programs on your system. This difficulty might happen if the balanced language bar is enabled on the Windows 7 supported Media Center Computer. This configuration shuts the link among the Media Center PC and the Media Center Extender.

Re: Media Center unable to configure my XBOX 360 after freezing up in the initial attempt

Configure the settings onto the Windows 7 based Media Center computer: 1. At the start Click Start , now through the search box type intl.cpl, and after that push ENTER button. 2. In that you should have to select the option Keyboards and Languages tab, in that hit it off Change keyboards. 3. In that tab, you should have to click Docked in the taskbar which is in the Language Bar alternatives and then click OK. 4. Now through the Administrative tab, snap Copy to reserved accounts. 5. In that you should have to select and click the Default user account (new users) verify box, and after that click OK twice. 6. Now through the Start button, click to the option Windows Media Center directly. 7. Now in the Tasks, from the Settings, click on to the Extender, and after that choose the Xbox 360 console. 8. lastly Click Uninstall , and then shut the Windows Media Center.

Also you should have to configure the settings on the Xbox 360 console after setting the settings on the Windows 7 based Media Center PC, for that: 1 within the System division of the Xbox control panel, choose Computers . 2. Choose Windows Media Center, and after that push the A switch. 3. Choose Disconnect option within it. 4. Push the B button constantly until and unless you come back to the System segment. 5. Within the Media sector of the Xbox console, choose Media Center. 6. Move forward through the instructions lying on the screen to acquire the eight-digit setup key. Note down the setup key.

I do have the similar issue previously. You require encompassing the Xbox redevelop a latest number that you insert to the media center. In addition eliminate the obtainable extenders from media center. It worked for me after I chosen the 'generate new connection' on the Xbox. Also disable Firewall or, anti-virus. If required eliminate Xbox 360 and reinstall once more. You might also attempt an setting up after creating an additional user account with administrator rights.